Author Topic: Sometimes lost connection between TS-2000 and RC-2000  (Read 4654 times)

es3at

• View Profile
Hi, sometimes I lost connection between TS-2000 and RC-2000
Or better say that info transfer is only from TS-2000 to RC-2000 direction.

As example:
I can swich on my radio over network, all working, and in one moment  I can only receive audio and see moving S-meter and freq if scanning. From remote side to radio side nothing working.
No audio level, no squelsh, no poweroff. Only what I can do is switch off RRC in remote side and after restart all working again (from some min to several hours).

And in this time Remote side thinking that radio is off:
Control panel   ON
Radio   OFF
Connection status   OK
SIP status   Connected/transfering
Last SIP error   None
RTP status   Excellent(60)
UDP cmd status   OK(45)
SIP command timeout   0

I think (but not sure), that with 57600 speed is easy to lost some bits when connections is over UDP.
Dont remember similar situation when working/testing in my home with local network.

Any ideas what I can do with this problem?

Product   1258
Hardware   4
Software   2.46
Bootloader   <= 1.7

WA7LNW

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sometimes lost connection between TS-2000 and RC-2000
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-02, 17:02:18 »
I experience the same challenge with my TS-480.

es3at

• View Profile
Re: Sometimes lost connection between TS-2000 and RC-2000
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-02, 23:22:08 »
Nice to heard that I'm not alone :)

I think only developers can help us.
Mike say in other topic "...the RRC-Micro and the RRC  do not add, remove or interfere it just opens up a channel..."
I agree and understand. But how we can be sure that something is not lost in the way?
Maybe this is my obsession, but I still think that highspeed serialconnection over UDP is not a good idea.
It's ok when we use this setup in same LAN, or over really good connection. But over long Wlan hops, 3G networks ..., I prefer TCP.

Is there some reason why we cant use TCP for this? For audio is clear, UDP is better.

Kuido ES3AT