Author Topic: RC-1216H "Disabled" status  (Read 5261 times)

CraigG

• View Profile
RC-1216H "Disabled" status
« on: 2011-11-29, 09:20:39 »
Just received the 1216H and got it configured.  Did the reset and cycled power on the unit and the Green Heron RT-21.
The control presets work fine (antennas rotate), the manual entry and "GO" button work fine (antennas rotate).
The dial display reads "Disabled" with the text above it "Disabled".
The degree number box also doesn't change even with live update active (green).

When I reload the page, the degree number box displays the correct heading and the preset tab for the preset that was selected lights red.
Status graphic still shows "Disabled"   ??? :-[

Any ideas from the group on a next troubleshooting step?

Thanks.

CraigG

• View Profile
Re: RC-1216H "Disabled" status
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-29, 09:29:46 »
Firmware info for above:
Product   : RC-1216H
Software  : 1.24
Hardware  : 1
Bootloader: 1.9
Build     : Nov 24 2011 17:13:28

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-29, 10:06:31 »
That is a strange behaviour since it half works, half not.  Getting disabled could be caused by two things, either by the Webswitch not being able to communicate with the Green Heron as such, or by the the Webswitch not understanding the response it gets when asking the Green Heron about its current position. The first case is not likely since you are able to control the Green Heron. The second case is also hard to understand how it could be the cause. Is your Webswitch accessible from the Internet? If so I would like to get its address/URL so I can check it up. You can pm/email me the details.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

CraigG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-03, 08:40:25 »
To start off with, I want to thank Jan for his patience and persistence in helping me with my issue. 
He worrked hard to help, even generating a special diagnostic tool within the firmware to try and find the error.
In the end it was an oversight on my part that caused the issue.

To the point, The Green Heron RT-21 has both an RS-232 DB-9 port and a USB port (serial port emulator) on the rear panel.
I connected the RC-1216H to the DB-9 and forgot to disconnect the USB cable from the other computer so both were connected at the same time, thus causing an internal port conflict in the Green Heron.  This showed up as no status from the RC-1216H even though when I commanded the software to turn the antenna, the commands reached the GH RT-21 and it turned!

Lesson learned!!

I am now a very satisfied customer of the RC-1216H, it's working great!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D