Author Topic: Web Interface Failure  (Read 5074 times)

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
Web Interface Failure
« on: 2011-11-10, 02:23:29 »
Hello All,
Many months ago everything worked, but the system was moved, and now it's hair pulling time. I can plug in the USB cable and get the net info and it shows the proper IP and gateway. However, if I click "Browse unit" the web browser opens up and fails to connect. This happens with both the radio and control units. About 1 out of every 20 tries it connects, but only for a few seconds. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
  gus  ve7gtc

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Web Interface Failure
« Reply #1 on: 2011-11-10, 08:01:27 »
Gus,

Did you change the web port number? If so, you need to add that to the browser address,
followed by a colon and port number, e.g. http://192.168.Y.YYY:XXXX (where YYYY is the
internal IP address and XXXX is the port number).

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-11-10, 09:50:19 »
Also worth checking is that you don't have any IP address conflicts, as that could lead to "reply/connect only sometimes" behaviour.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

VE7GTC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-11-11, 01:44:45 »
Thanks for the help. Problem(s) solved. While looking for an IP conflict I realized there was a second router, once used as a bridge, still running. Unplugging that fixed the network issue. Next issue turned out to be a defective Kenwood cable from the control head to the 1258. You guys got me pointed in the right direction. Thanks again.

Gus  ve7gtc