Author Topic: N1MM Voice keyer with Remoterig?  (Read 5143 times)

SM0SHG

• View Profile
N1MM Voice keyer with Remoterig?
« on: 2011-12-12, 22:28:34 »
I would like to use N1MM's voice keyer with my TS-480. To control the radio with N1MM is no problem... But how do I get the radio to "play" the WAV files? Do I just connect the computer audio-out in paralell with the mic input on the local RRC? Or is there any smarter way to do it?
Regards,
Adde

M0BPQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: N1MM Voice keyer with Remoterig?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-18, 14:24:25 »
That's more or less how I do it Adde. I have the usual isolation for the pc and us a relay that switches the mic in line when the ptt is pressed. Works just fine. 73 steve

SM0SHG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-18, 15:03:26 »
Thanks... Two more quedtions then... What type of isolation, and where on the PC do you take the PTT signal?
Adde

M0BPQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-19, 19:31:09 »
Adde I use a traditional PC interface using optoisolators, but I guess transformers will work just fine too. I define a com port on N1MM to switch the PTT and pick it up from there. The relay in my h/b interface box steers the audio. As I contest on VHF+ I call CQ a lot. As a result my NC relay contacts are connected to the souncard audio and NO to the footswitch (mic) PTT. I do not route my mic audio via the PC soundcard in case the PC fails for some reason.

This is not an elegant solution, but I had the bits in my junkbox, so I made something that worked at the time. It hasn't broken, so I haven't changed it!

With my other radio (also via an RRC) I have used a microham interface, but am having problems with that set up at the moment.

Hope that helps?
Steve
M0BPQ
« Last Edit: 2011-12-21, 15:48:40 by M0BPQ »