Author Topic: New 5 minute timer problem in 1.24  (Read 5426 times)

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
New 5 minute timer problem in 1.24
« on: 2011-12-09, 23:37:22 »
Jan, it looks like I have run up on another problem with the new code.  This is related to the new 5 minute timer you put in to turn off all relays if no frequency info is heard in 5 minutes.  This is now causing my transceiver to "go dead" due to the timeout shutting off the relays every 5 minutes when I am just sitting and listening to the radio but not changing frequency, mode, etc.

The reason this is happening is my using a micro controller that is programmed as an "intelligent" Icom CI-V interface.  The computer, transceiver, and Icom PW-1 amp all plug into separate CI-V ports (UART ports) controlled by this micro controller.  This keeps all devices isolated from each other and eliminates the PW-1 bus collision problem that is well known among Icom PW-1 users.  This isolation and intelligence handles the computer queries to the transceiver directly.  The micro controller controls data flow on the CI-V bus and it responds to the computer (HRD) directly and provides frequency and mode data, as well as other data, when requested.  It also buffers frequency and mode based on the last frequency and mode that came from the radio so unless the frequency or mode are changed at the radio or remotely through HRD, the buffered data is sent back to the computer/HRD and nothing is sent/requested to/from the transceiver and thus the Web Switch doesn't get any frequency data he times out and my radio doesn't hear well with no antenna connected!

Is is possible for you to put a enable/disable entry for this new 5 minute timer?  I like the idea of shutting all relays off after a period of time (if I forget when I shut down, for example) but the 5 minute time frame doesn't work for me.  Or maybe a time to timeout setting so we can put something in other than 5 minutes.

I've decided to go back to 2.23 for the time being.  I hate giving up the new multi-relay ON function but the other problems outweigh the benefit. :-(

Thanks,

Joe W4WT
W4WT

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New 5 minute timer problem in 1.24
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-12, 10:13:38 »
The possibility to disable the timeout is already there in the coming new version ;) There will also be a couple of different timeout values, up to 20 minutes. Will that be enough?

(The new version gave me a little headache since I stumbled upon something which looks like a compiler problem, which causes it to reset endlessly. That is not the best thing to happen... So I am keeping an eye on its behaviour right now before making it available. )
« Last Edit: 2011-12-12, 10:15:28 by Jan (Microbit) »
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-12, 19:17:39 »
Jan, 20 minutes might not be enough for me but the ability to completely disable the timer will solve the problem.  Thanks in advance for the update!

Joe, W4WT
W4WT

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-12, 20:35:47 »
Jan, 20 minutes might not be enough for me but the ability to completely disable the timer will solve the problem.  Thanks in advance for the update!

Joe, W4WT
Hmm.. How long would be enough then, hehe?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.