RRC 1258 Support in English > Configuration, RRC 1258

No connection with ddns

(1/4) > >>

ja3aop:
Hello, My RRC 1258 for ICOM706G detachable panel connection worked well via LAN.
Last week, I tried to control from remote site via internet connection with ddns. I set ddns parameters to RRC cont. and RRC radio as stated in manual. Unfortunately I got no connection with my radio.
Also, my serial number are less than 3300, as discussed in VE2EO's case.
Please help me with some advices to solve this problem.
Thank you.  73

ja3aop  Akira

RRC control     Firmware version = 2.050    Serial # = 2155
RRC Radio      Firmware version = 2.050    Serial # = 2185

dj0qn:
Akira-san,

Are you using the DynDNS service, or the new one from RemoteRig included in firmware 2.50?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ja3aop:
Mitch-san,
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I am using new ddns.remoterig.com.

73.  ja3aop/Akira

dj0qn:
Akira-san,

Then it should work ok. Maybe the manual was not clear enough, here is an extract from my checklist that I send
to help in new installations:

- Go to the Dynamic DNS settings tab (radio RRC only)
  - Change the check interval to i.e. 10 minutes
  - Make sure the drop-down is on RemoteRig's service
  - Click on apply changes
The Microbit Dynamic DNS address is entered automatically into the "own host name" field if you use this service.

On the control RRC, place the information from the radio RRC's "own host name" on the Radio Settings tab under SIP contact. When testing at the same QTH as the radio, you should temporarily place the radio RRC's internal IP number into this field, just don't forget to change it when you take the RRC with you. Note that this address is WITHOUT a port suffix (like :1234), since the port is entered into the SIP contact field separately. Everything should work now. Just don't forget to use the Dynamic DNS address when not at the station, this is the #1 cause of the system not working when leaving your local network this first time!

73 & HNY,
Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

ja3aop:
Mitch-san

Thank you for your detail guide for me.
Before my traial I did those setup and changes.

- Go to the Dynamic DNS settings tab (radio RRC only) : Yes

- Change the check interval to i.e. 10 minutes : Yes

- Make sure the drop-down is on RemoteRig's service : Yes (ddns.remoterig.com)

- Click on apply changes : apply change was done

The Microbit Dynamic DNS address is entered automatically into the "own host name" field if you use this service.

Yes, I will try again tomorrow more carefully.

73.  Happy New Year

ja3aop AKIRA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version