Author Topic: HamRadioDeluxe performances  (Read 14304 times)

I4GAD Enrico

• View Profile
    • Email
HamRadioDeluxe performances
« on: 2012-01-30, 12:18:36 »
Hi all,

after a very positive experience RRC 1258MKII to remote control my rig (TS-480 + SPE 1K + SteppIR 4El..etc) in CW,SSB and RTTY,
I've also tried to experiment the RRC-Micro PC Client (sw release 1.4.0)
After some initial trouble, I succeded to make it running on my W7 lap top,  but I found it almost useless due to the very bad performances of HRD software control, very slow and unreliable also when I'm connected to the rig through the LAN.
The software react with big delay to VFO changes and also tuning is a very annoying exercise. No way to work a DX in safe split mode, because time to time the TX VFO is not activated and the result is in the best case a "Good Morning !!!"..... 
I'm very frustrated by the HRD behaviour, but right now my preferred control program (TRX-Manager) in not supported yet by the PC Client and I cannot see other possibility rather then using HRD.
Does anyone use the same set up with better results ?
Moreover, I found also some problem on the PC Client: when I try to send CW code  keying characters on the keybord I often got random character duplication and this make obviously useless also the important CW functionality.
Am I doing something wrong ?
Thanks for any suggestion.
73' I4GAD Enrico

IZ7ANL

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HamRadioDeluxe performances
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-30, 18:58:22 »
Hi Enrico,
I'm using micro PC since last november and I have the same equipment that you use, only one difference, HRD run on XP, I never had any problem all seems work ok.
My best regard
Nicola

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-30, 21:21:12 »
Hi

HRD is not the fastest but, check that you use 19200 baud. There will probably not be any support for TRX-manager until the TRX manager developer replace the mscomm32.ocx with something more modern.

We have no other reports about the CW keying problem but we will look if we can make it happen for us also.

73 de mike

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-04, 19:08:41 »
Enrico,

HRD works fine with version 1.2.1.  That is the ONLY version that seems to work well for me.  I've tried all the newer versions and they all have a very slow response time.  It looks like Microbit is not allowing download of earlier versions of the software for some reason but if you can get 1.2.1, I think it may work much better for you.

Joe W4WT
W4WT

roland

« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-05, 00:22:31 »
Enrico,

HRD works fine with version 1.2.1.  That is the ONLY version that seems to work well for me.  I've tried all the newer versions and they all have a very slow response time.  It looks like Microbit is not allowing download of earlier versions of the software for some reason but if you can get 1.2.1, I think it may work much better for you.

Joe W4WT

I have not got any previous reports on this. Will make some compare test between the two versions and see if I can find any difference in the behaviour. The reason why the old versions are gone is that I prefer to get rid of the old versions as there is quite much work involved in keeping support for all old versions. Anyway. I will make some tests when I'm back at work on Monday.

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-15, 07:31:05 »
Roland, did you have any luck with your testing yet?

Joe W4WT
W4WT

roland

« Reply #6 on: 2012-02-15, 09:00:24 »
Hi rockyjones.

I have been very busy with rewriting the whole radio-serial-rrc scenario so this has been resting at my ToDo list for a while, sorry for this. However I did make the tests this week and you are absolutely right. The Hamradio performance is much better in 1.2.1 than
in 1.4. I will not fix this in 1.4, as we are very soon coming with a completely rewritten software for handling this communication. This new version will run you HamRadio fast again and also will handle RS-BA1, TRX-Manager, ARCP-480, PCC-950. The new version is planned to be released during the next weeks depending on the beta test results. Just tell me if you want to be a beta tester.

Meanwhile i will make 1.2.1 available in the download area.

Thank's for you patience.
Roland
« Last Edit: 2012-02-15, 09:55:07 by Roland (Microbit) »

rockyjones

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2012-02-15, 17:37:02 »
That sounds great Roland.  Glad you confirmed what I saw.  I would be happy to be a beta tester for the new version.  I use HRD and also have TRX Manager as well as DXLabs Commander, which also failed with the old code.

Joe W4WT
W4WT

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2012-02-22, 09:33:02 »
That sounds great, Roland! I can finally try to use it with TRX-Manager again.

One enhancement I can suggest for an update: the ability to export and import profiles.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

roland

« Reply #9 on: 2012-02-22, 10:14:32 »
That sounds great, Roland! I can finally try to use it with TRX-Manager again.

One enhancement I can suggest for an update: the ability to export and import profiles.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
Do you mean export to another RRC-Client or export to some human comprehensible format ( text or html )

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: 2012-02-22, 10:36:27 »
I mean import/export for the PC Client itself, similar to the way the RRC does it (.bin).

I find myself often reentering the profiles manually, plus sending users screen shots. This
would make things much easier.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

roland

« Reply #11 on: 2012-02-22, 13:01:56 »
I mean import/export for the PC Client itself, similar to the way the RRC does it (.bin).

I find myself often reentering the profiles manually, plus sending users screen shots. This

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX
OK. I understand. Good request, will look into that.

I4GAD Enrico

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: 2012-02-27, 15:57:00 »
Hi Roland, hi all,
I'm very glad the see all that news: the confirm of my impression on HRD 1.5 and the plan for a new version of the Client with support of TRX-Manager !
I would be also very glad to beta test the new relaese when available because I'm an intensive user of TRX Manager that works pretty well for me with when I use the 1258 MKII. 
Have you got the opportunity to check the CW functionality of the Client ? I'm still having random duplication of characters keying code on the keyboard and also using the memories, and this prevent me from using CW in remote mode with the S/W Client.
Best regards.
Enrico Gardini I4GAD

I4GAD Enrico

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: 2012-02-28, 14:41:46 »
Hi all,
after the message posted by Joe W4WT,  I've downgraded my RRC Micro to the oldest version still available on my disk (1.3.0) and surprisingly the system works pretty well now.
Ham Radio Deluxe performances are acceptable and also the CW section works fine with no repeated characters.
I'll remain to this version waiting for the new rewritten application.
Thanks again Joe for your answer.
Enrico I4GAD

roland

« Reply #14 on: 2012-03-30, 08:55:33 »

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

Import and export of Profiles has been added to the upcoming 1.5 release