Author Topic: Initial success, but need to work out the kinks...  (Read 4569 times)

NZ5E

• View Profile
I was very pleased to see everything work on the first try, but then discovered a couple of strange problems...

I do not recieve any audio through my USB headset until I move the audio slider in HRD to something greater than 50 and then back to a more normal level of 25 or so.

I am experiencing frequent timeouts that stop operation while running from my wireless router with 15 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.  I am currently attempting to turn off all power management routines in my Samsung Series 9 laptop running 64 bit Windows 7.  Any other suggestions?

I realize that I am very spoiled with the near perfect operation and no detectable latency of my remoted TS-480 head on my own LAN by using my own 5.8 GHz internet bridge from my tower location 4.14 statute miles away.  I am experiencing about a second of delay with the RRC-Micro.  What settings are recommended for reducing latency?
« Last Edit: 2012-01-24, 04:10:16 by NZ5E »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Initial success, but need to work out the kinks...
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-24, 11:30:32 »
Hi

- I do not recieve any audio through my USB headset until I move the audio slider in HRD to something greater than 50 and then back to a more normal level of 25 or so.

That's normal, it's how the design of the TS-480 is done, it's nothing do about it.

I am experiencing frequent timeouts that stop operation while running from my wireless router with 15 Mbps download and 1.5 Mbps upload.  I am currently attempting to turn off all power management routines in my Samsung Series 9 laptop running 64 bit Windows 7.  Any other suggestions?

No if the connection is stable it should never disconnect.

I realize that I am very spoiled with the near perfect operation and no detectable latency of my remoted TS-480 head on my own LAN by using my own 5.8 GHz internet bridge from my tower location 4.14 statute miles away.  I am experiencing about a second of delay with the RRC-Micro.  What settings are recommended for reducing latency?

The latency is depending on the buffer settings, just like in RRC-box + the buffer mutliplier. It can never be  seconds. If the latency is so long it must be something wrong with the PC.

In general you can never expect a PC-solution to be as good as a embedded system which is special designed for the job. The PC-software have to share the resources with all other programs and the OS. That's why I always recommend the boxed system for daily use and the the PC-Client as a complement when travelling etc.

73 de mike

NZ5E

• View Profile
Re: Initial success, but need to work out the kinks...
« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-24, 12:48:16 »
...In general you can never expect a PC-solution to be as good as a embedded system which is special designed for the job. The PC-software have to share the resources with all other programs and the OS. That's why I always recommend the boxed system for daily use and the the PC-Client as a complement when travelling etc.

73 de mike

That statement really says it all.  Windows is notorious for having quirks and working through the various problems that the PC introduces makes me fully appreciate the almost perfect functionality of the 1258MkII boxes!!!

Having said all that, I still feel that the convienence of the RRC-Micro is worth the effort.

Thanks for your continued support!!!

Terry, NZ5E