Author Topic: RRC-1258MKII  (Read 3679 times)

LA4ESA

• View Profile
    • Email
RRC-1258MKII
« on: 2012-02-27, 12:30:38 »
Radio settings:
I have tried many combinations of radio settings on aduio quality, but i have so far never got the perfect combination.
At radio end i got about 1,8 Mbps upload speed. At control end i got about 2 Mbps upload and about 20 Mbps download speed.
Anyone out there who could give me a suggestion of the correct level on Aduio quality under "Radio settings" at both ends?
73 de Per LA4ESA  ::)
73 de LA4ESA, Per

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RRC-1258MKII
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-27, 13:03:05 »
The default settings works for most users with high bandwidth as you have. You do not say what your problem is, but if you get short dropouts due to crowded internet connections you can increase the Jitter buffers. Jitter buffer size should always have a higher value than Jitter buffer delay. Remember that the Jitter buffer settings are controlling the recieved audio in each box. If you still got dropouts with maximum settings, you can reduce audio quality to 0 and test. If it doesn't help  and the dropouts are so disturbing that you can not live with it, it's not much to do other than change Internet operator. In most cases it's better to have the same operator in both ends, it will give lower latency and less problem with dropouts etc. I assume that you have checked that nobody else in the household is occupying all bandwidth by watching live video or something.

73 de mike

LA4ESA

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RRC-1258MKII
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-27, 14:44:29 »
Thanks Mike.
First of all, nobody in the household use the bandwith. The problem with dropuots isn't that big, but it would be nice to get rid of it. I will try your suggestion, i must admit that i had forgotten the jitter values. I do not have the possibility to use same internet supplier in both ends. Radio end is at my cottage, there i use the ICE network and the wireless router, the new one R90 with higher speed. Thanks again.  ;D
LA4ESA Per
73 de LA4ESA, Per