Author Topic: RRC-Micro PC Client Software Does Not Open or Start on PC  (Read 4683 times)

hiflyer

• View Profile
I've been using RRC-Micro PC Client on a HP Slate tablet running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) for several months.  It has worked well during extensive travel away from the QTH.

Last week however the software stopped initializing properly.  It will not launch even to the rectangular "program window".  I have reinstalled the software (new v1.4.0) on the HP Slate tablet but with no luck.

The same RRC-Micro PC Client continues to work fine on my laptop, a different computer.

It seems there is a software glitch somewhere on the Windows 7 HP Slate tablet that is causing RRC-Micro PC Client to not launch and initialize properly.  Thus, I cannot even change software settings within RRC-Micro PC Client let alone use the program.  Any ideas?  In addition to reloading the RRC-Micro PC Client software, I've looked at registries and permissions.  Thanks much,

roland

Re: RRC-Micro PC Client Software Does Not Open or Start on PC
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-14, 22:55:57 »
I've been using RRC-Micro PC Client on a HP Slate tablet running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) for several months.  It has worked well during extensive travel away from the QTH.

Last week however the software stopped initializing properly.  It will not launch even to the rectangular "program window".  I have reinstalled the software (new v1.4.0) on the HP Slate tablet but with no luck.

The same RRC-Micro PC Client continues to work fine on my laptop, a different computer.

It seems there is a software glitch somewhere on the Windows 7 HP Slate tablet that is causing RRC-Micro PC Client to not launch and initialize properly.  Thus, I cannot even change software settings within RRC-Micro PC Client let alone use the program.  Any ideas?  In addition to reloading the RRC-Micro PC Client software, I've looked at registries and permissions.  Thanks much,
Any error messages in Windows Logs regarding RRC ?
Control Panel/Adminstrative Tools/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application

hiflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-15, 06:49:59 »
Great question... I should have mentioned that, no, there are no error messages of any kind.  The only action I can perform is to close the icon on the task bar.  The task bar icon does appear, but turns red when I click on it.  So something appears to be going on and seems to be recognized as not quite right.  Thanks,

hiflyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-16, 04:50:52 »
Roland,

You posted 1.2.1 in response to a more recent post.  I downloaded that version and it initializes just fine.  Now I have to relearn how to set everything up... I suppose that's why it is called a hobby.  Looking forward to the new version in the next few weeks.  Thanks,