Author Topic: WNCE2001 Additional Questions  (Read 15677 times)

wb0yle

• View Profile
    • Email
Closeout: Re: WNCE2001 Additional Questions
« Reply #15 on: 2012-03-23, 13:16:14 »
Successfully proved out the remote operation via wireless 4G (AT&T) from my office for a couple days; some packet loss occasionally, and, you do have to be a bit more deliberate in what you do (ie sliding up and down the band, for instance, or key up, or any mode change...think of it...you have to translate the command via the rrc system, haul it over the net, get the radio to respond, then get the indication back to the control point...), but, at least on wireless, for what it is, it is: Absolutely Amazing.

Thinking that using it on a hardwire connection would be a lot better...so, can't wait to try it from a hotel or some such.  Only thing today is that I had my big shack tuners in line from last night that were tweaked for the 20M band...kind of limits where you can go with the built-in tuner in the 480...oh well...cockpit error will get you every time...have to remember to put the tuners in bypass next time...now it has me thinking of how to set up some coaxial relays on an IP-controllable switch...:)  The experimentation never ends.

So, from my standpoint, a big thanks and shout out to both the folks who build the rrc devices...as well as Mitch for all his great  assistance as well as designing/building/supporting such a great piece of equipment that provides such flexibility for the hobby.

Thanks guys!  You rock!

73 de Bryan WB0YLE
Happily remoterigging...;)