Author Topic: Wireless Device (eg. Phone, Pads) - Program Mode  (Read 5275 times)

KP4FMD

• View Profile
    • Email
Wireless Device (eg. Phone, Pads) - Program Mode
« on: 2012-03-26, 16:30:56 »
RRC-1258

Which Program Mode I should use when sending data from a wireless device (such as phone, Pads, or any other programmable device connected to the network)? 0 or the one specified for the Radio (K3, Kenwood, etc). I am planning to use Remote Rig (Only One unit) to remotely operate the radio wireless in the same building.

If that possible? or I need another RRC-158 to send commands to another RRC-158 ?

Thanks

Jose L Rivera

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Wireless Device (eg. Phone, Pads) - Program Mode
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-26, 16:37:51 »
You need a pair of RRC-1258MkIIs or the RRC-Micro PC-client and a RRC-1258MkIIs connected to the radio. You can not connect from a phone or pad.

73 de mike

KP4FMD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-03-26, 21:17:41 »
Thanks for the info. So, your handshake protocol is proprietary.
I wish you the best luck.

73 Jose

KP4FMD

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-03-26, 22:12:30 »
Hi Jose
The protocols are based on standard SIP, RTP etc. During the years we have added features which is not standard so I doubt it works with standard softwares. We have no secrets but we have no intentions to make an open specification as we have enough to do to support our own softwares.

73 de mike

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-03-27, 02:02:58 »
If you intend to use an ipad or iphone, use teamviewer and skype.

KP4FMD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-03-27, 03:53:59 »
Thanks for the advice. But I was hoping to use one RRC 1258 as stand alone solution to remote control the radio in the same building.
Add this point I have my own PC server handling the audio streaming and the radio commands. Teamviewer and Skype are too much overhead.

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-01, 20:00:58 »
Yes you can use HRD in client/server mode to handle radio control and Skype for audio streaming. Remoterig works as a pair with control/radio boxes. The control can also be the RRC Micro client used with a Windows PC, but will be limited only to audio (no CW).

I had a friend who bought the RRC control assuming that was all he needed, and when I explained he needed to purchase the RRC radio, became discouraged and sold the RRC control. The people at Ham Radio Outlet know this and gave me a call when I purchased a single RRC Radio unit for an additional installation I needed.