Author Topic: RRC and the Icom 9100  (Read 5273 times)

N2DVQ

• View Profile
RRC and the Icom 9100
« on: 2012-04-01, 21:34:03 »
Jan,
Trying to get the RRC to work with the Icom 9100 using a pair of RRC1258 mkii and the Icom RS-BA1 remote control software.

The Radio RRC connects to the Control RRC but the RS-BA1 software does not find the radio.

I have the Icom software and the radio set to match the RRC at 9600 bps com 1 N81 . Icom software and radio use 7C as the CI-V address.  There is also an address setting for the CI-V RS-BA1 in the BA1 setup. It is currently set to E0.

I have attached my two RRC  unit configuration files. Could you have a look to be sure I have them configure properly?

Is there an easy way to tell if the control unit is talking to com 1 ( and the icom software or the connection utility) on the laptop at the remote end?  There are so many places that I might have missed something its hard to divide and conquer.

Thanks for your help!

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: RRC and the Icom 9100
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-03, 18:07:08 »
Hi

You do not discribed how you have connected the cables. Normally the CI-V cable is connected from the Radio-RRC TTL connector to the Radio CI-V jack.

If you connect the PC with a serial connector to Control-RRC com2 you have to set com2 to "Logically in parallell with com0"

If you use USB connection from the PC set "Use USB Com Port as COM0" = yes

On the status page you can see that all communication is OK

The RRC do not bother about the CI-V adresses.

I don't know what mean by laptop at the remote end. Remote end for me = radio end, and there is no PC needed

73 de mike

N2DVQ

• View Profile
Re: RRC and the Icom 9100
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-05, 00:10:24 »
"If you connect the PC with a serial connector to Control-RRC com2 you have to set com2 to "Logically in parallell with com0"

We had it set to Icom CIV. Setting it to Logically in parallell with com0 now works.
Thanks!