Author Topic: Remote Rig Newbie-IC7000 TX audio problem  (Read 8090 times)

Geoff G8OFQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Remote Rig Newbie-IC7000 TX audio problem
« on: 2012-04-28, 13:11:47 »
Hi....
Desperate newbie here just setting up Remote Rig but having a problem with getting TX audio to work.

Rig is IC 7000 with Heil Elite headset (AD-1-ICM mic) and Ham Radio Deluxe. Setup is as per instructions for ICOM general radio in User Manual and everything works OK except for Mic audio. Control RRC is connected to radio mic with CAT5 patch cable, and the straps in both Control and Radio RRCs are set up for ICOM normal hardware configuration ie. pins 1,4,6,7,5 connected, and Jump 1 NOT in place (for Heil mics)

Without the CAT5 patch cable connected to the radio mic socket, the TX function works but when the cable is connected, the response is extremely slow and the TX function doesn't work. I'm wondering if I have the correct strapping pins connected, or if the CAT 5 patch cable is not the correct cable to use. Same happens for the standard ICOM handheld mic (with Jump 1 in place for DC feed).

Any suggestions greatly appreciated - now getting desperate as going away in a few days and hope to get this working from remote location!!

Thanks - Geoff G8OFQ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Remote Rig Newbie-IC7000 TX audio problem
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-29, 18:26:05 »
I think you have the red straps placed in wrong positions. The COM0 serial port is also present in the socket, and if you have put a red strap in that position it will give the effect you describe. Check with the manual how you should count, when placing the straps.

73 de mike

Geoff G8OFQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-29, 19:07:23 »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply -----You are right - I had the pin diagram inverted!! I now got the correct pins connected and all functions work with HRD BUT I still cannot get PTT with TX audio from the mic. If I press the TX button on the HRD 7000 panel, it keys the TX but no audio from the mic. I have tried the standard HM-151 with Jump 1 in place and with the Heil Elite headset with Jump 1 removed.

I had to change the SIP port to 5062 on both Radio and Control RRC as my router is using 5060 for internet telephony.

Are there any software settings in Radio/Serial/Advanced that would affect the TX audio? I have attached Radio/Serial/Advanced settings for Radio and Control RRCs

Thanks again Mike - best 73

Geoff
G8OFQ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-29, 19:15:05 »
You can not use PTT in HRD, The RRC doesn't listen to the data traffic and doesn't know when to switch direction of the audio path. You must use hardware PTT input or set Continuous RTP tx = enabled in control RRC then audio is always sent from mic to radio, that's what also need to be set to use VOX.

73 de mike

Geoff G8OFQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-29, 20:04:53 »
OK Mike - I already set Continuous RTP Tx to Enable (YES) and I'm using hardware PTT on the HM-151 mic. The hardware PTT cuts off the receive audio but does not key the TX.

Do I have the correct settings for SIP or is there another recommended port number if 5060 cannot be used?

Are my other settings OK (as in attachments to last post)?

Tnx - 73 de Geoff

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-29, 20:15:40 »
Hi the HM-151 mic can not be used that simple. The PTT signal is sent via a serial protocol and it's also need to be power separately, so use a more simple microphone for example HM-36

73 de mike

Geoff G8OFQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-29, 20:40:39 »
Ah....OK Mike,,,,,,is it then possible to use the Heil Elite headset or is this too difficult to set up?

73 de Geoff

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-29, 20:46:08 »
That of course much easier, only 4 wires MIC and MIC GND, PTT and PTT GND. If you already have a adapter cable for IC-7000 it may probably work as it is

/mike

Geoff G8OFQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2012-04-29, 21:58:36 »
Mike,

The Heil is what I normally use with the 7000, so I have the adaptor cable. I connected the Heil headset, and removed the strap from Pin 1. leaving straps on Pins 4, 6, 7 and 5. I also changed Continuous RTP to Disable on both RRCs...............AND NOW IT WORKS!!!!!!! :) Thanks for your help Mike

Best 73

Geoff G8OFQ