Author Topic: RRC-PC-Client will not connect with version 1.5.2  (Read 4797 times)

KB5VP

• MSN Messenger - pricedw@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
RRC-PC-Client will not connect with version 1.5.2
« on: 2012-05-02, 12:24:03 »
I am having a connectivity issue with the RRC-PC-Client that has just recently started. Was working ok on 1.5.1 then with upgrade to 1.5.2 it worked for a few times connecting to the radio and making QSO, then after a few uses fails to connect.

I know the problem I am having is a connectivity issue; the PC client is not reaching the radio controller. I have a second setup using the RC2000 and it connects to the radio controller. Only the PC-Client is having a problem.

When using the 1.5.2 client I received a new Windows 7 confirmation to allow the program to make and receive connections. I answered to setup to PC-Client to send and receive connections. This was a Windows 7 security alert which I understood is from the security settins of the Windows 7 firewall. After answering and confirming to allow the PC-Client access then the client started to time out; not making a connection to the radio controller.

I disabled the Widows firewall to verify if the firewall was causing the connection issue. The PC-Client is still getting a time out. So, now I am stumped. I do not know what else, I know it is a Windows 7 issue, that is blocking the SIP calls to the radio controller. Again I know my setup is working and can be reached because my RC2000 implementation works fine. It is only the PC-Client fails.

I do not know what else to check. I look at the debug logs which does have much information and see the SIP Invite initiated without any response.

Again this connection started to fail when receiving the Windows security prompted; I do not believe it is related to version 1.5.2 since for awhile it was working.

I checked my settings on the Windows firewall. It had two enteries in the firewall for the Microbit program. Each entry had one check for each type of network to allow IP to pass. One was checked for Home/Work and the other was checked for Public networks. I when in a checked all the entries for the MIcrobit program to work on any network type. That did not resolve the problem.

I have something else wrong, since the time out still occurs when the firewall is disabled.

Any ideas where else I should look for correcting this error? I do believe it is a Windows 7 setting that must be corrected; not a PC-Client issue. Sorry for the Windows question here.

Don

roland

Re: RRC-PC-Client will not connect with version 1.5.2
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-02, 13:36:47 »
Does this problem occur even if you restart the RRC-PC-Client ?

dj4mz

• View Profile
Re: RRC-PC-Client will not connect with version 1.5.2
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-03, 09:41:33 »
Hi Don,

you mentioned that you have disabled the Win7 firewall. Did you restart your computer after disabling the firewall? Under WinXP I learned that disabling the firewall required a reboot to make the changes take effect. Maybe that helps narrowing down the problem.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ