Author Topic: No SSB Audio during transmit  (Read 5287 times)

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
No SSB Audio during transmit
« on: 2012-05-26, 08:53:34 »
A little further now. My buddy has my Remoterig at his house and we are almost there. We have rig control and a solid connection.

We got CW working perfectly but no audio signal in SSB. The ALC shows no signal.  Wiring in the RRCs is as described in manual. Not sure what is going on.  This is a bummer but we got it really close now. 

Everything seems to be working except the modulation. We could not get ANY audio thru no matter what we tried.  When I tried it direct with my microphone directly to the ft450 without the unit I was heard fine by my friend ten miles away.

We are thinking it could be my router which I just upgraded to from Cox Communication here in San Diego.  It is a Netgear CG3000D and it does not have a selection for SIP ALG disabling. My friend who is a long time IT professional thinks that my router maybe the issue. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

I am on month three of trying to set this up and I know we are getting closer.

Keith
AG6AZ

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: No SSB Audio during transmit
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-26, 09:59:37 »
Two month ? Setting up a system takes max 2 minutes, If you look at the status page in both units you can see if the audio stream (rdp) comes trough the routers. If both says OK I guess you have missplaced or broken one of the red straps when pressed them into the socket. Check with the manual that you start the counting from the right point (upper right seen from front). Also check them with an ohm meter, they can be broken inside the red isolation.

73 de mike

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-26, 16:53:13 »
Yes I have struggled getting this to work. With Mitch's help we got it working on my internal LAN at home but of course that is not my end objective with the Remoterig system.

We are trying to get it set up properly remote away from my house and the shack with both ICS and a network bridge to my AT&T 3G, getting it work from a "hotel" aka friends house, and now getting the audio to work to the FT450 in this remote condition. 

The challenges that we have faced are more related to networking than remoterig itself. Network considerations can add time to configuration. I am not sure two minutes would be a fair estimate on what it takes to set up remoterig itself  but I definitely do agree that two months is likely an a much longer time than usual for setup.

Thanks for the substantive recommendations. We will check those this morning and report back our findings.

Keith
AG6AZ

AG6AZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-05-27, 05:24:12 »
Mike,

Excerpt from my friend who fixed this with assistance from Mitch. Thanks to both Tony, N6RO, and Mitch, DJ0QN!

From Tony:

The problem with the audio was due to the mic - when we swapped it out I was able to get rough modulation and then by putting the audio settings up to 2 (which I believe is the default) we got quite nice audio quality.  I am fine tuning things now but wanted to say a quick word of thanks for your (Mitch) time today and confirm that your instincts were correct as we did discuss the mic as a possible root cause of the issue.

The problem with HRD being hung was a simple unplug/replug at the radio site.   I am looking at ways to stabilize the software set up a little, but we are up and running finally and I expect Keith will have a lot of fun with the remote setup in the coming weeks.

Thanks again to one and all especially Mitch, Tony and Mike.  Most of all for the forums patience and great advice.

Keith
AG6AZ