Author Topic: Sharing Internet Connection to RRC win 7  (Read 4015 times)

dave4e

• View Profile
    • Email
Sharing Internet Connection to RRC win 7
« on: 2012-06-02, 11:45:20 »
Hi All

Ive been trying without success to share WiFi or 3G from my Win7 Laptop to RRC.

Im able to share internet from Laptop rj45 to another laptop but am unable to get RRc to connect when using Wifi within my LAN or 3G when outside.

Also this might seem like a silly question but how do you connect to the control RRC when at a remote site to adjust parameters?

Regards
Dave

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Sharing Internet Connection to RRC win 7
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-02, 12:20:20 »
Dave,

Is your RRC set for DHCP? If so, it should pull-down an IP number just like another PC when connected to
the other computer that is sharing the connection.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dave4e

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-02, 12:31:30 »
Hi Mitch

Ive set DHCP, the green light is now on constant, but still cannot turn radio on, orange light is flashing on AUX/MIC connection.

The only way i can access to make setting changes is to plug it into my router and access 192.168.0.227.

When connected to the Laptop internet sharing how do i connect to check/adjust settings?

Regards

Dave

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-06-02, 13:03:17 »
Hi Dave,

In that case, use the Microbit Setup Manager over USB to look at the IP settings. This is the
only way really to figure out if you received an IP number and call-up the config web page on
the RRC.

I don't know if you every requested my checklist. This covers the basic networking issues to
set this up. If you haven't, drop me a short mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send it to you.

I am out the rest of the day now.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX