Author Topic: U.S. Availability  (Read 8648 times)

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
U.S. Availability
« on: 2012-06-14, 06:57:23 »
Any particular reason why the Micro-PC Client is not available from HRO in States? The 1258's along with the acc cables are.

Would likely buy one if it was!!

Cheers!
LLoyd
VE3ERQ

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: U.S. Availability
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-14, 07:36:58 »
I asked George at HRO why....he said that the volume and demand did not justify
them selling it in the U.S.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-14, 07:52:17 »
Hi

All distributors are free to sell all items they want to. But most of them limit there sales to the main products, probably because of the costs to have too many different items in stock.

73 de mike

SM0SHG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-06-14, 22:21:55 »
Any particular reason why the Micro-PC Client is not available from HRO in States? The 1258's along with the acc cables are.

Would likely buy one if it was!!

Cheers!
LLoyd
VE3ERQ

The RRC-Micro is a great product. Why not get it from Microbit? Shipping cost can't be that bad.

http://shop.microbit.se/webshop/catalog/index.php

73 de Adde, SM0SHG

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-06-16, 03:53:09 »
In addition to the higher shipping and handling charges, like brokerage, when importing from Sweden, I don't particularly like sending my CC info over the internet as I have had some fraudulent charges in the past. I would prefer to call the supplier directly which is difficult to do with the distance and time difference to Sweden.

Perhaps additional dealers in NA would help as HRO don't carry many of the supporting cables and other accessories either.

I, as well others, might even buy more RR stuff if it was easier!

Just a customers view!!

Lloyd
VE3ERQ

va3mw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-07-16, 20:27:18 »
Lloyd

All the credit card vendors will back you for internet purchases.  There is no risk if you do your shopping via a secure store online (starting with https://).

The brokerage charges are the same.  I had mine shipped by mail and I think it got delivered directly by Canada Post.

I guess it depends on how bad you want it. 

Mike va3mw

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2012-07-18, 18:37:43 »
I don't agree with the security of on-line shopping, Mike, which is why I avoid using it.

I have had 3 instances of fraudulent card use shortly after buying stuff through on-line shops, may have been coincidence but I'm not sure as I've used cards all over the world for some 50 years and never had a fraudulent charge before.

Yes the bank did give me a refund but I had to cancel the cards and then wait for new ones to be issued. Then I had to go to all the firms that I do auto billing to the card to correct their records.

Not worth the agrivation! If I can't call or FAX the vendor, I don't buy.

I agree having stuff shipped to Canada via Post is the best way as UPS/FedEx charge exorbitant flat rate brokerage charges.

Thanks to Mikael, I now have a PC Micro!

Cheers!

k0xu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-07-31, 06:11:19 »
I ordered mine via email directly to Mike complete with credit card info. However I was going to be in Sweden anyway and just had him ship it to the address where I was going to be. I am just now getting around to setting it up and playing with it. It seems a slick bit of kit for travel use. However I see no provision for RTTY, would have been the icing on the cake. If I want to do that I guess I will have to tote along the big box.

Jim K0XU

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2012-07-31, 09:13:05 »
Jim,

You can just use the USB sound card from the PC Client for digital modes. In this
case, it would have to be AFSK.

Maybe we can get the guys in Sweden to add the virtual serial FSK port to the PC
Client for true FSK send.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

k0xu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-01, 03:27:55 »
Yes, I don't use AFSK for RTTY though. I much prefer FSK so I don't have to worry about audio levels and all. All my software is set up that way as well as all the hardware. And I really don't use any of the other digital modes.

Jim
K0XU