Author Topic: Fun in Dayton and some feature requests :)  (Read 4869 times)

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
Fun in Dayton and some feature requests :)
« on: 2012-06-28, 05:56:58 »
Hello group,

I wanted to share some pics from Dayton this year. I had the honor of meeting SM2O and DJ0QN at the Crowne Plaza with a couple a cold ones :)

SM20 and WW2DX

We actually setup a K3/0 in a empty banquet hall adjacent to the party running over a AT&T 4G LTE card and had a blast operating the W2RE.com contest station all night :)

Guys operating the remoterig setup, good times!

K3WW running Russians on 20m CW. You can see the 4G LTE card on the table to the right.

OK, so been a busy bee and have some feature requests that I would like put out there for consideration.

1. Enable the power LED to send in morse code the last octet of the IP address if DHCP and/or use the built in CW keyer to send the tones.
    Longer stretch : On the K3/0, the ability for the RRC to generate the CAT commands and send the IP address to the K3's CW Decode display.

2. Move the "Profiles" out of the password restricted area of the menu system. Pretty please with sugar on top.

3. Ability to export EVERYTHING in the RRC config. We have multiple profiles and need to be able to import/export these in the bin files.

4. Possible to sample the serial data passing through the RRC and post radio band/mode/freq in the RRC webpage.

5. Enable the dyndns utility in the LOCAL RRC firmware. Yes, would like to be able to get to the local side as well as the remote side.

6. With the K3/0, use the keyer speed control on the K3 to control the speed control in the RRC keyer.

7. Embed the RRC into the K3/0. Would like to see just a 12v power source and a wifi antenna, thats it.

8. Get the wireless adapter manufacturer to put a fire under it :)

I hope I embedded the pics correctly.

Thanks guys, 73!

Lee
WW2DX
« Last Edit: 2012-06-28, 06:04:28 by WW2DX (Lee) »

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Fun in Dayton and some feature requests :)
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-28, 06:48:32 »
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the photos, it was great meeting you this year and I wish you lots of luck with
the K3 Twin in the future.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WW2DX (Lee)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-14, 20:59:02 »
Something else that I think may be important:

A 3 minute timer on the PTT status. If the RRC sees the PTT set to the ON status for more than 180sec do a auto reboot or disconnect.

73 Lee
WW2DX

WW2DX (Lee)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-07-18, 16:20:07 »
 "Move the "Profiles" out of the password restricted area of the menu system. Pretty please with sugar on top."

After thinking about this some more and going back and forth, it may be prudent to keep this authenticated. Scenario being a user has the RRC on the "DMZ" or allows http to the interface without configuring access rules to restrict access to "trusted" hosts. If this was left open then a "big bad internet person" could change profiles and worse reboot the device.

73 Lee
WW2DX

WW2DX (Lee)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-04, 16:19:27 »
Hi Guys,

Just checking in with a updated wish list for 2013. Any word of any of these on the development roadmap?

1. Export ALL profiles and import ALL profiles in 1 file.

2. Add more profiles. We currently have 4 slots populated and the 5th will be soon. Sites 6 and 7 for the spring.

3. Ability to select/set profile from script (web or otherwise)

4. PTT timer set to 3min or (n) Safety in case something gets stuck.

5. Option to disable TX, RX only.

Thanks, 73
Lee
WW2DX