Author Topic: FT-857 WiFi and Ham Radio Deluxe  (Read 7896 times)

vk2awj

• View Profile
    • Email
FT-857 WiFi and Ham Radio Deluxe
« on: 2012-07-09, 13:53:46 »
I have successfully (with help from my friends) set up my detached head FT-857 and a 4G WiFi modem. My next step was to use a laptop running HRD to connect to Com2 on the Control RRC and then from the Radio RRC Com2 to the com port on the FT-857.

I use a CAT-62 interface cable from the FT-857 to the Radio RRC Com2 port, and a Digitech USB to DB9M cable to connect the PC to the Control RRC. These cables when connected together allow HRD to control the FT-857 in its complete configuration with the faceplate attached.

I cannot get HRD to connect when in the remoterig configuration. Both RRC Serial port settings are the same:
Mode-4, 4800 baud, data bits 8, stop bits 1, USB as Com2 - No. The CAT Rate on the FT-857 is also set to 4800 baud.

Is there anybody out there who has got HRD running in the same (or similar) configuration as mine?

I keep on waking up in the middle of the night......

John, VK2AWJ

KP4TR

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FT-857 WiFi and Ham Radio Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-17, 03:54:35 »
I suggest you use the USB cable from the PC to the Remoterig control, and install the virtual port drivers wit the Microbit setup manager. Make sure your serial settings for COM2 are identical on both ends and are enabled. Also validate that COM2 on the remoterig is really a COM?  on your Windows PC. The COM? is what HRD will need to be configured. COM? is whatever Windows decided to use as a COM port with the COM2 of the remoterig.

I have not used the Yaesu, but have used both the Kenwood TS2000 and TS-480 this way with HRD and works very well.

vk2awj

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FT-857 WiFi and Ham Radio Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-17, 13:07:40 »
Thanks for your suggestions.

I made direct contact with Mikael Styrefors at microbit, and he sent the correct serial port settings for my FT-857.

All is now working perfectly.

Regards

John VK2AWJ