Author Topic: Data Transfer  (Read 4935 times)

acroplt

• View Profile
Data Transfer
« on: 2012-07-21, 13:58:45 »
This is my first experience with Remoterig so I will admit to being a novice here. I am setting up a pair of 1258MKII's and have them sitting side by side it the test mode along with my Yaesu FTDX9000D. Because of the cost of the rig I cannot afford to have a duplicate on the control end so I am planning on using a Toshiba laptop running windows 7 with HRD for rig control and DM780. My favorite operating mode is PSK31 and and the sound card in my laptop does not seem to be recognized by DM780. I have a US Interface Navigator that I use with MixW when at the home QTH so I am using that basically as a external sound card feeding audio to the control side of remoterig. The problem I am experiencing is that on transmission, the rig stays in transmit but the audio comes to the rig in about 250ms bursts about every 3 seconds - not an intermittent issue, happens like clockwork. If I feed the audio from the Navigation directly to the rig everything works fine so it definitely seems to be an audio transfer issue between the two remoterigs. I would appreciate any suggestions?

xplane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Data Transfer
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-21, 16:16:04 »
Try the advanced setting "RTP tx mode" = "Continuous"  (Control RRC)

73+55, Dirk
« Last Edit: 2012-07-21, 16:17:49 by xplane »

acroplt

• View Profile
Re: Data Transfer
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-21, 16:50:54 »
Thanks Dirk - works perfectly now - appreciate the help.