Author Topic: Releasing the PTT-Key freezes the audio transmission  (Read 6742 times)

xplane

• View Profile
    • Email
With Alinco DX-SR8E and the RemoteRig Remoterig RRC-1258MkII Set (HW-Rev. 7 and FW V 2.58) I have often recognized a kind of freezing in the audio (rx) transmission during normal use of the PTT-Button during a QSO. After releasing the PTT-Key (original microphon) you couldn't hear any rx-sound! But the audio transmission could always be recovered to the normal state, by simply triggering the PTT-Key again.

Can I fix this anomaly via a certain modification of the RRC configuration?

Dirk

xplane

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Releasing the PTT-Key freezes the audio transmission
« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-09, 01:49:07 »
Hmmm ... really no idea at all?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-11, 19:45:14 »
Hi

It looks like the radio is not receiving the PTT off command the first time. There is no settings which have any effect on this. Maybe it's possible to repeat the PTT off command from the RRC, we will check if something can be done.

73 de miek

xplane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-06-30, 16:32:00 »
Hi Mike,

the described effect still happens from time to time. What can we do about this?

Dirk

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-07-01, 20:33:17 »
it's nothing to do about. Alinco only sends one message for PTT on and off, if that message is missed by the radio, this happens. Other brands which use data messages for PTT on and off sends the PTT status all the time so if one message is missed you will not noice it.

/mike

xplane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-07-02, 03:14:08 »
 :o
Referring to my other forum-thread regarding the problem with the modulation, I have more and more the impression that Alinco DX-SR8 does not harmonizes properly with RemoteRig RRC-1258MkIIs.
 :(

Dirk

EDIT (additional note):
I think I must make it clear, that the transmitting-mode will be terminated after releasing the PTT very well, but the reception is muted.
« Last Edit: 2012-07-03, 18:03:01 by xplane »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: 2012-07-29, 21:12:59 »
When pushing and releasing PTT 100:ths of time the radio can miss the PTT-off command a few times, as it's only sent once. When a command is only sent once there is not much to do about it, we can not change the Alinco program. I have informed them about this long time ago, and also about the problem that the radio can hang up, and need to be disconnected from 12V to start up again. But the firmware in the radio is not possible to update.

73 de mike