Author Topic: Mic Level  (Read 4154 times)

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Mic Level
« on: 2012-07-31, 04:46:55 »
What is the prefered headset/mic to use with the Micro Client??

I am currently using a Plantronics Gaming computer headset mainly because it has nice large ear cushions but I find the mic level to be very high. Even adjusting the Mic level slider to it's min is too much for the 1258 at the radio which works well with it's similar box at the control point and a dynamic Heil mic.

Did I miss a mic setting somewhere for the Micro Client other than the one in it's connection window? I've also cranked down the mic levels in the control program, however the problem appears to be too much mic audio coming from the PC client as it's level indicating bars appear to be max'd out much of the time.

Should I be using something other than a high output electret computer mic with the Micro Client?

Thanks for your help!

Lloyd
VE3ERQ

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Mic Level
« Reply #1 on: 2012-07-31, 09:10:52 »
Hi Lloyd,

You can also adjust within Windows, these levels are independent.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VE3ERQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mic Level
« Reply #2 on: 2012-07-31, 15:49:29 »
Thanks Mitch, will give it a try. Somehow I got the impression that the audio controls in the Micro Client and Windows were tied together. I'm using both XP and W7.

Not sure if there is enough gain, but I also wanted to use my Heil headset with the Micro but haven't got there yet as I'm just having too much fun with my little dongle tuning around.

I must say I really like it for the convenience.

Cheers!
Lloyd
VE3ERQ