Author Topic: DDNS issue  (Read 4850 times)

wa6hzt

• View Profile
    • Email
DDNS issue
« on: 2012-08-04, 02:53:10 »
My remote box is not updating when a new IP address is assigned. It still shows the old IP address and is unavailable via RemoteRig's DDNS service. If I set the current remote IP address and port in the calling unit, the remote unit comes right up and works fine, so it is working fine in that regard. To clarify:

External IP is the old address
Dynamic DNS status    is "Unknown"
DNS status is "Querying status"

I have restarted the box a number of times and reset the DNS interval hoping to force a look for a new IP address, but no luck.

Any other parameters you'd like me to check, or have any ideas? I think it failed on August 1, at the start of the new month, when the ISP hands out new addresses.

Thanks and 73,

Gary, WA6HZT

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: DDNS issue
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-04, 09:40:45 »
Yes as you can se your RRC is not in contact with your local dns, and it can not connect to the DDNS server if it can't get the ip from the local dns server. You must first solve the problem with your local dns. In most cases the dns ip is the same as the gateway address. If it's not check with ipconfig what ip a pc connected to the same LAN is using .

73 de mike

wa6hzt

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: DDNS issue
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-04, 19:30:53 »
HA!!! Thank you for helping me see the obvious. I am so used to putting in a secondary DNS server address in normal configurations, that is exactly what I had done with the remote unit for the DNS Server address. Once I saw that, I knew that was the problem. I would have looked at that for days and not realized it. All better now! Thanks and 73...