Author Topic: Ten Tec Omni VII  (Read 6369 times)

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
Ten Tec Omni VII
« on: 2012-08-04, 19:34:08 »
I am trying to get the O7 connected... I have used other radios before but can't really find much useful information on rr and ten tec.... I am using the program 4 they seems to be somewhat generict in flavor and have strapped the boxes using a yaesu configuration, but I still can't get serial communication. Audio works ok.

Can someone give me details on a setup for a ten tec radio please?
I need the proper strapping, serial setting and any other details you can think of.

Thanks,
Larin

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ten Tec Omni VII
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-05, 18:45:18 »
More info: I am using program mode 4 and serial mode 4 and for the serial settings I have 57600 and the 0d termination command.. I am unable to get hrd out n4py to connect via serial through the remote rig boxes.

So for now I have audio via rr and remote control via ethernet using ten tec one plug.

Ideas or assistance?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-05, 21:55:26 »
I have no experience of Tentec, they are so rare here in Sweden so I have not been able to borrow one to test with.  But in mode 4 the terminator is fixed = ; ( semi colon). To be able to set 0d you must use mode 5. Have you tried mode 3 or 1 ?

I hope somebody on the forum can help you, I know there is Tentec users.

73 de mike

WA4LV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-08, 03:46:20 »
Ok. That was the trick. I didn't realize serial mode 4 didn't recognize the termination command. After switching to mode 5 it connected just fine.

Thanks for the help.