Author Topic: Ports not Open  (Read 4823 times)

W6EIJ

• View Profile
Ports not Open
« on: 2012-08-20, 05:20:49 »
I've finished the split cables for the FT-857, and set up everything - but it did not work.    I've updated the firmware in both units, and they show up fine on my network. 
According to Remoterig's dynamic DNS service, everything is working fine there.  I followed the instructions and set up the radio side with DMZ, and the port forwarding as shown in the user manual.  I had both units plugged into the same router.  So, I took the remote to my office, to see if perhaps it truly had to be on the internet - at home I have both RCCs plugged into the same router.  Still nothing - when I hit the on button on the front panel, nothing.

I've rechecked the cables, going through every pin, then the hardware configuration - everything is correct (unless there is an error in the cable plans). 

Then, I tried PFPortChecker, which said none of the ports (listed on page 211 of the user manual) are open.  It may be the way I have my router configured - My internet provider is Time Warner cable, with a cable modem.  I have a LInksys RVS4000 Router, set up as a gateway (because apparently, the Time Warner device is a router).  The RVS4000 is setup as I've stated above.  Any thoughts?

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Ports not Open
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-20, 09:06:00 »
Tom,

I just sent you my networking checklist. I am glad you asked, because many get
frustrated at this step and give-up. It is not that difficult and becomes essentially
"plug and play" after installation.

Let me know directly if you need any more help.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

VK3EQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-24, 04:44:04 »
Mitch

I am also having port set up issues, could you also please send me a copy of your notes

thanks in anticipation

Rik VK3KAN

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-24, 08:53:41 »
Rik,

Just drop me a mail at dj0qn (at) darc.de and I will send you my checklist directly.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX