Author Topic: dyndns  (Read 4696 times)

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
dyndns
« on: 2012-08-25, 12:06:08 »
Hi
I have used the rrc unit about a year ago which worked fine accept my 3G network (radio side) had high latency which could not solved. I packed all an put on the side. This month finely I could get a real Lan connection in the radio side and started all from scratch.

My free dyndns address in not valid and more so yesterday I opened a VIP one (20$) using same name.. XXX.dyndns.org. however when I am try to configured my radio RRC I have seen some discrepancy between the manual and rrc (see attached)

Can someone help here..

Thanks   

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: dyndns
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-25, 12:12:52 »
I suggest that you download the latest firmware and read the latest manual.

DynamicDNS started charging for their service, so RemoteRig started their own, free
service to replace it. You will find details in the manual.

You can however still use DynamicDNS if you have an old or paid account, just click on
the drop-down menu to bring DynamicDNS.org up on the screen.

I hope this helps.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-25, 12:22:24 »
Hi Mitch

Wow you are fast... i was thnking you will be the first to reply so also sent you a skype request.

As for your answer you are half correct. I was reading the new manuel but didnt update the FW. tring to use the new dyndns (purchased yesterday) i am receiving an error msg on dyndns status...

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-25, 12:44:25 »
Hi Ziv,

Hmmmmm.....I still use DynamicDNS myself, since I have had a paid account for several years now
and it still works fine with the latest firmware. Not sure why you would get an error, maybe double-
check that your password is correct? We can discuss direct by Skype.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: dyndns - solved
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-27, 14:38:50 »
Found DNS ruter configuration was wrong.