Author Topic: config cw paddle  (Read 5128 times)

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
config cw paddle
« on: 2012-09-02, 17:15:42 »
Hi
I need some help to configurate my paddle in cw mode. i was trying for 3 3 hours several sets of configuration with no luck.  The manuel is not so clear to me and i got mixed between paddle and keyer configuration.
My set-up is simple. Ts-480 split between panle & radio/ 
I connect one lever paddle to the control RRC with 3.5mm plug (paddle works fine on my ts950) and on the remote side i got 3.5mm plug to plug cable.
What need to be my configuration of (keyer& I/O) in control and what on radio - Also do i need to connect the plug to plug cable in the radio side to  pad or straight socket?

thanks for help
Ziv

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: config cw paddle
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-02, 19:30:16 »
Hi Ziv,

The RRC looks like an external keyer to any rig, so it will always go into the straight
key plug.

Juts get back to me directly and I will get it working for you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-03, 16:28:43 »
I helped Ziv out to get his CW working yesterday. The main problem was that he had an old
firmware on the control RRC and the newest one on the radio RRC.

There is one bizarre problem that I have never seen before, maybe someone can point out
where the problem may lie: the TS-480 locks-up in transmit when VOX is tuned on in CW mode.
However, it appears to transmit fine when VOX is turned off, although it should not transmit at all
with VOX turned off in CW.

I suspect a cabling problem, since the RRC and TS-480 settings are fine, but maybe someone has
seen this problem before.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-04, 15:05:55 »
The original 3.5mm cable will be instale at the remote site tonight or max tomorrow and i will adv...

Meantime, a lot of thanks to Mitch for his time and help!!

4Z4OQ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: config cw paddle - solved
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-03, 12:32:37 »
Hi All

Cable was found ok. i had to play with configuration of I/O & Keyer seeting until found configuration that works. See attached