Author Topic: WIFI mod fails to save config.  (Read 5069 times)

vk1nut

• View Profile
    • Email
WIFI mod fails to save config.
« on: 2012-09-15, 02:32:39 »
Hi,
I have now successfully connected remotely 2 x RRC's inside my network both via Eth and via wnce2001 with Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX 's kind assistance.
Once I removed the eth and the wnce2001 from the control RRC (not installed at the same time) and installed the WIFI mod, now when using the Microbit Manager V1.17, I can scan and successfully see my wifi router (and my neighbors) but it fails to save the config when I select it by the radio button "Failed saving setup info: Invalid ACK: 0".
I can also only assume the WIFI card uses the same MAC as the RRC Control as I can't find any other MAC listed either in the Manager or on the web interface.I need to add the MAC to my trusted list in my router.
Now the power light is flashing probably indicating a network connection error because of the WIFI Card.

Has anyone seen this anomaly and have a fix?
Both RRC's are updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks
Glenn, vk1nut AKA "Nutters"

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WIFI mod fails to save config.
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-17, 08:28:10 »
It seems you are experiencing some USB related problem. You could try using another computer or try some other USB connector on the PC. I will have a look at that error message and see if I can find something which could cause it. However, it is a tricky thing since I don't see that error myself.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WIFI mod fails to save config.
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-18, 10:14:06 »
The error message implies what I suspected, that the PC did not get a valid acknowledge when sending data to the RRC. Hard to say why though. Have you tried what I suggested?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.