Author Topic: How to send my Audio-out from my laptop to the RRC 1158 ?  (Read 6852 times)

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
Hi again,

I enjoying using the RemoteRig. Until now, I was used to send with a TinyRig some CW and RTTY on my FT2000.

Is there anyway to send audio from a TinyRig or DIRECTLY from the Audio-Output of my Soundcard using the USB cable or the may be the PAd connection for the CW & the TinyRig ?

Thanks for your advices,

Cédric
Get all your DX Spot from your mobile, and with nive filtering options within our DX Cluster

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
Re: How to send my Audio-out from my laptop to the RRC 1158 ?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-03, 08:31:49 »
Any help really would be appreciate.

I'm getting lost with the manual starting page 90 to use my Soundcard to send audio to the RemoteRig :=(
Get all your DX Spot from your mobile, and with nive filtering options within our DX Cluster

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-03, 08:51:15 »
No there is no way to send audio via USB to the remoterig box, you have to connect the audio from the PC to the mic input if you want to use PSK for example. CW and RTTY can be keyed digitaly via the USB port.

73 de mike

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-03, 09:04:56 »
No there is no way to send audio via USB to the remoterig box, you have to connect the audio from the PC to the mic input if you want to use PSK for example
What kind of cable connections do I have to follow to use tje AUX connector to get in with my Soundcard ?

CW and RTTY can be keyed digitaly via the USB port
I would enjoy using this USB port, but does exists a way to use CocoaPPT (from Mac) to control this USB Port (Well  recognized on the Mac)

Thanks a LOT by advance for your help to clarify this...

Cédric

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-10-03, 16:18:54 »
Hi Cedric,

The Mac does recognize the USB port on the RRC. I have successfully made RTTY qso's using the K3/0 (RTTY/CW keying via USB) and using RUMlog and cocoamodem for decode on the mac. I do not have any other experience with other hardware only the K3.

Best of luck,

73 Lee
WW2DX

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-10-03, 16:26:56 »
Hi Cedric,

The Mac does recognize the USB port on the RRC. I have successfully made RTTY qso's using the K3/0 (RTTY/CW keying via USB) and using RUMlog and cocoamodem for decode on the mac. I do not have any other experience with other hardware only the K3.

Best of luck,

73 Lee
WW2DX

Thanks Lee for the Feedback. Which setup did you used on your Mac to send RTTY/CW with CocoaModem using RemoteRig please ? It would be helpful for me :)

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-10-03, 17:29:41 »
Hi Cedric,

I have not done any testing with using CCM to PTT directly from the software to the RRC. With the K3, you can do direct CW/RTTY keying via serial commands which really makes digital modes very easy to do. I just simply take the RRC Speaker audio and feed it in the Mac's Audio IN (Line in) and decode. RUMlog integrates CCM into its interface, so when you TX, RUMlog sends the commands to the K3 via Serial, this is both PTT and RTTY/CW generation.

73!

Lee
WW2DX

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: 2012-10-04, 11:45:07 »
I'm using a FT2000 or a FT450, I have a Tiny RigExpert to manage things within CocoaPPT but can't understand how to connecte stuff on the RemoteRig :(

I may not use the RS232 for sure but how will work the PTT with the RemoteRig ?

Otherwise, is it possible or not possible to send Audio using AUX/MIC cable on the remote rig ? If so, where can I find the diagram to achieve this ?

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: 2012-10-04, 19:31:12 »
I don't know about the programs you talking about but PTT can be connected either via RS232 or USB look at the RTTY chapter in the manual, it's mainly the same settings. Audio is connected the same way as the mic signal check the schematics for Yaesu in general, then you can alter between the mic or the cable from the PC.

73 de mike