RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

problem with icom706 and CI-V

(1/2) > >>

I1HJT:
If I try to connect the radio side CI-V jack to the TTL port using the cable as per the schematic, the Icom 706 front panel is getting dark, seems there is not power.
Any idea?
Thanks, I1HJT

dj4mz:
Hi,

I'm not an expert, but looks like you are mixing up two operating modes: Standalone IC-706 with detached front panel and ICOM CI-V generic mode, or are you trying to controll the IC-706 only via CI-V?

vy 73, Simon

I1HJT:

--- Quote from: dj4mz on 2010-02-12, 14:31:40 ---Hi,

I'm not an expert, but looks like you are mixing up two operating modes: Standalone IC-706 with detached front panel and ICOM CI-V generic mode, or are you trying to controll the IC-706 only via CI-V?

vy 73, Simon

--- End quote ---

Hi Simon, thanks for the reply.
As per my experience by using the IC-706 connected to the PC directly (without the remoterig stuff) I can operate on the radio panel and on the PC in the same time. It means the 706 panel is working as usual and some funcion can be operated also from the PC. I have experieced that even using other radios and the N1MM software (which is dedicated for contest).
It seems that once I connect the TTL plug, the power to the front panel shut off.

dj4mz:

--- Quote from: I1HJT on 2010-02-12, 14:43:13 ---As per my experience by using the IC-706 connected to the PC directly (without the remoterig stuff) I can operate on the radio panel and on the PC in the same time. It means the 706 panel is working as usual and some funcion can be operated also from the PC.

--- End quote ---

I'm not saying that it is not possible to operate the IC-706 via front-panel and CI-V CAT at the same time, but I'm saying that the RRCs can not tunnel the IC-706 front-panel controls and the generic ICOM CI-V at the same time! As mentioned before I'm not the Remoterig expert, but as both modes (IC-706 with detached front-panel and generic ICOM) require a different wiring in the RRC-boxes I would expect that you have to decide what data you want to tunnel with the RRCs. If the front panel gets dark after pluging in the TTL connector I would simply assume that you are shorting the supply voltage of the frontpanel due to a "wrong i.e. different" wiring.

I think Mike is the only person who can finally answer your question, so we will have to wait until his is back from holiday.

vy 73, Simon

I1HJT:
Dear Simon, thanks again for the reply, I will wait Mike is back from his holiday. In the while I realized that, working CW, when I drive the PTT by a PC interface (it happen even if I push the PTT mike) the CW monitor signal (radio side headphone) disappear. Working semi BK the monitor is OK. I miss something?

Best 73, Alfeo I1HJT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version