Author Topic: Dynamic DNS settings: No settings available for this device !  (Read 6337 times)

ik5men

• View Profile
Hello from IK5MEN,

after upgrading my RRC1258 to rel. 2.62, when I go to the Dynamic DNS settings page via web interface I read only this: No settings available for this device.
Same message and no other fields to compile in the Ping settings menu.
This appens in both units; the radio unit only has the wi-fi interface installed.
I have reinstalled firmware 2.62 via Microbit setup manager (usb) also, but nothing changed.
Is there a problem with last firmware ?
Many thanks.

Riccardo - IK5MEN

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
From which fw version did you upgrade? Which hardware version on the RRCs?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

ik5men

• View Profile
Hello Jan,

I did upgrade from v2.57 and HW version is 7.
I have received an email from Mike and sent him some more information (screenshots).
Many thanks

Riccardo - IK5MEN

ik5men

• View Profile
Hello all,

today I have worked a lot on my RRCs at home and at remote site, but I still need help (I'm probably becoming old !!!).
After many reading of the manual, I discovered that the Radio RRC works when the WiFi is not fisically connected (module not present); the Radio-RRC connected via ETH can update the external IP with the Microbit DynDNS and I can verify it here http://ddns.remoterig.com/status/result.php. I can also connect my Radio-RRC web interface via internet from my mobile phone. So all seems ok and ready for remote installation.
The problem is when I try to use the WiFi card; as soon I install it into the RADIO-RRC I can see (and ping) the RRC via WiFi, but the "Dynamic DNS settings" page disappear and it only says "no settings available for this device". In this situation I cannot use any DynDNS server and is impossible to update the external IP of my provider, so is impossible to reach the RRC at remote site.
By the way, when the WiFi card is inserted in the RRC the green PWR led on the front pannel is always flashing slowly indicating something wrong with the network (but I can connect the RRC via WiFi-LAN !).
I remove the WiFi card and everything is back working again via ethernet LAN.
Have you any idea of what is wrong with WiFi module ?
Many thanks.

Riccardo - IK5MEN

ik5men

• View Profile
Hello all,

all problems are now fixed with the new firmware.
Many thanks to Mike for his outstanding support.

73, Riccardo - IK5MEN