Author Topic: How to configure COM1 to drive SPE-Expert ?  (Read 6055 times)

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
How to configure COM1 to drive SPE-Expert ?
« on: 2012-10-17, 18:49:14 »
Sorry to bother once again, but I spent hours on it, and still not able to understand how I can achieve this.

RemoteRig :
You will notice I've used the same configuration on both the controller AND the remote to use the Mode 6, with option "Use USB Com Port as COM1".
The Remote is connected with a RS232 cable, from the front panel (COM1) to the SPE-Expert.

Computer :
Directly connected using the USB to the Controller. No other USB connections.

Windows :

As you will notice on my screenshot, I have with RemoteRig connected, 4 possible ports.
For example let's say, I try to use RRC1258 COM2 (COM2) (I changed it manually to match to COM2)

I don't really know which one is managed using the USB cable : all of them ?
I've tried to configure the SPE-Expert software with COM2, but it really don't work (of course it works with a regular USB-RS232 connected directly between computer and SPE-Expert).

Did I made something wrong ?

Please any help would be appreciate...

Thanks thanks by advance

Cédric
Get all your DX Spot from your mobile, and with nive filtering options within our DX Cluster

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: How to configure COM1 to drive SPE-Expert ?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-17, 20:16:29 »
Just look at the website.

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=426

73 de mike
« Last Edit: 2012-10-17, 22:20:47 by sm2o »

DXfor.me

• View Profile
    • DX Cluster
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-10-18, 07:09:18 »
Just look at the website.

http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=426

73 de mike

Hi Mike, thanks for this page it will probably help for the cable connections.

But I still don't understand if it is possible or not to control the RRC-1258 using the Virutalport COM1 with the USB cable.

Is it possible or definitely not ?
Get all your DX Spot from your mobile, and with nive filtering options within our DX Cluster

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-10-18, 07:44:05 »
"control the RRC-1258 via virutal USB comport" I guess you mean control the Expert via the RRC-1258 Virtual comport.

I suggest you make the cables according to the drawings, set up the RRC according to the instructions, and use the RS232-USB adapter which worked direct to the Expert. When it works you can try to change to the virtual USB com port. I have not tested using the Virtual USB com ports to control the Expert, maybe someone else have. At the time we made the instructions there where no virtual USB ports

73 de mike