Author Topic: TS-590 does not transmit  (Read 4395 times)

W6EIJ

• View Profile
TS-590 does not transmit
« on: 2012-10-24, 06:02:49 »
I had been using my Remoterig setup with a TS-480HX, and it works great.  I decided to try my TS-590, and use the Kenwood software.  I made the cables, but on the control end, I am using the function "Use USB Com Port as COM2," because I don't have a serial port on my computer.  On receive it works fine - everything works perfectly.  On transmit it is another matter - it does not work.  Oddly, when I try to use the internal antenna tuner, the rig hangs on transmit.  To get out of transmit, I have to turn the 590 off and back on again.  Leaving everything hooked up, I went out to the garage, pushed the "Tune" button, and the 590 worked fine manually. 

On the Remoterig units, when I changed from the TS-480 to the TS-590, I simply set up a new profile, and left all the settings the same except for the settings that were in the Remoterig manual, for "general Kenwood."  I wonder if there is something I'm missing.  Any thoughts? 

W6EIJ

• View Profile
Re: TS-590 does not transmit
« Reply #1 on: 2012-10-24, 16:00:57 »
This morning, I took the remoterig unit to my office, and it works fine from here!  The difference is I am using a USB Serial Converter.  I had thought I could Com Port as Com 2, but no cigar.  Anyway, the TS-590 works great.  Tom