Author Topic: IS Page 92 correct? ICOM-GENERAL STRAPS? -fixed  (Read 6324 times)

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
IS Page 92 correct? ICOM-GENERAL STRAPS? -fixed
« on: 2012-11-06, 20:19:54 »
Could someone please enlighten a poor confused HAM trying to make this thing work...

One page 92 there are two strapping charts. Are they correct for ICOM CIV genreal use?

I understand that pin two on the icom mic is up frequency, I have nothing connected in pin two and my 7000 changes frequency when PPT is pressed.

IF someone could give me the correct option strapping, I would appreciate it?

Best Regards
mike
« Last Edit: 2012-11-09, 16:55:21 by Mike/K3MMB »

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: IS Page 92 correct? ICOM-GENERAL STRAPS?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-11-07, 08:37:50 »
Hi

This picture is ok, if the ic-7000 starts scan when you press PTT you have connected the straps wrong.

Remember that the pin marked spk out is up to the right if you have the box in front of you with the MIC/AUX connector towards you.

73 de mike
« Last Edit: 2012-11-07, 08:43:38 by sm2o »

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-11-07, 15:34:29 »
I have tried that exact strapping as on page 92 and PPT still changes the frequency.

Front of RRC facing me ... small notch in socket to the right ... first pair not strapped, second pair strapped, third pair not strapped, fourthand fifth pairs strapped; sixth pair not strapped; seventh and eigth pairs strapped; nineth pair not strapped.

I have this setup on both the control and radio rrc ...

If pin 2 controls frequency up and it is the third from the notch, and I have nothing in the strap, then I must have something wrong with the firmware setup..

Both HR Delux and RS-BA1 can connect via the rrc and can control the radio. I have tried HM-151 and HM-36. I am using RRC cables purchased from HRO.

mike

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-11-07, 16:16:09 »
Hi

I tested to setup the IC-7000 here according to the manual and it works perfect. If you have the straps OK the only thing which can be wrong is that the RJ-45 cable from the Radio-RRC to the radio is not straight. Check with an other cable, or measure the cable.

73 de mike

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-11-07, 16:51:49 »
Thanks for the suggestion...

However, i just blew the control RRC ethernet configuration and can not reset it. RRC setup runs, saves configuration and network info only shows DNS as being set.

Tried a hard rest but not joy there either.

Trials of being a not so bright newbie

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-11-09, 14:55:34 »
Ok, fixed the IP problem, both units are on the air...

changed the cat-v cables from PC to router, from Control to router, from radio rrc to the router and the cable from the mic on the 7000 to the controller ..

frequency still changes.

I am going to make a cat-v cable for the mic with pin two cut. 

mike

Mike/K3MMB

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: IS Page 92 correct? ICOM-GENERAL STRAPS? -Corrected
« Reply #6 on: 2012-11-09, 16:54:23 »
OK, I opened a OTS RJ$% cable and cut pint two ... setup now works as documented.

IT is interesting (at least to me) that even without the pin 2 connected in the strap options the radio still did the frequency change.

THanks for your support
mike