Author Topic: DynDNS Problem  (Read 6284 times)

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
DynDNS Problem
« on: 2012-12-04, 19:11:37 »
The IP provider at my remote location has changed our IP address and my Microbit DynDNS software has not updated to the new address and I cannot connect.  I tested my ddns link address and it still shows the old IP address.

Please Help

73 de Terry W7KW

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: DynDNS Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-04, 20:07:17 »
If the update has worked before, and this time you can see that no update has been sent to the ddns server, I think the problem is at the radio site.
The Internet connection can be down so update is not possible, or the router can have hanged up, or there is no power at the radio QTH. The can be many reason but the ddns server is working, there is no indication of problem, so as soon as it receives an update you will be able to connect again.

73 de mike

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2012-12-05, 14:00:28 »
Mike -  After I received your email I went back and checked the settings in the RRC DynDNS Results page.  It looks like the DynDNS feature on our system has never worked.  The Last update on the RRC DynDNS page was back in July 2012 and is still listed on my most recent check.  I also noticed that the Update count was listed as 1.  So I suspect that this is the first time the IP address has changed our IP address since the feature was installed 5 months ago. The RRC DynDNS Result lists the following.  Host <xdfze1xk> the Link field is <xdfze1xk.ddns.remoterig.com> , the IP is the origional IP <71.118.186.230> Last update was <2012-07-09 17:03:41> and the Update count is <1>  The Dynamic DNS settings on the 1258 (Radio) are set as follows: Dynamic DNS check interval is set <10> , Dynamic DNS host name i set <ddns.remoterig.com>.  Own Host name is <xdfze1xk.ddns.remoterig.com>, the Username is set <rrc1258-4634> and the password is set <z8ex52jb>.  In order th use the service I copied the Own host name and pasted it into the SIP address location in the control box configuration. I hope this information helps you pin point the problem. Let me know if you need anything else.

73 de Terry W7KW

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2012-12-05, 14:29:13 »
It's normal that no update is done if the ip is not changed, the RRC checks the ip all the time and only send update if the IP is changed. If you go there the important thing to check is if the DNS (not ddns) status is ok.  The DNS  is needed for the ddns to work. Send me a copy of the status page where you can see both the DNS and ddns status.

Still it can be many other reasons that you do not get in contact with the radio QTH

73 de mike

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2012-12-05, 15:17:22 »
Mike -- I will send you an email with a print screen attachment of the Status Page attached.

Terry

W7KW

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2012-12-06, 16:39:28 »
Problem resolved with help from SM2O.  Great support !!!  Thanks Mike