RRC 1258 Support in English > General discussion forum

Startup problems....need a little help

(1/1)

KY6N:

I received the RemoteRig pair yesterday.

I have tried to configure the units on my test bench to operate prior to taking the radio end unit to the remote site.

I know a bit about computer networks...but not a lot.
I assume most others are more expert.

Issues:

First, I have never (from the first time out of the box) ever been able to bring up the configuration page using Firefox or Explorer by typing in the 192.168.0.228 or 227.

I have used two laptop computers....same problem on each. Both windows computers....one XP Pro and the other 7Pro.

I was however able to bring up this configuration  page by using RCC Manager, selecting "Net Info" and then "Get" then "Browse RRC".  This would bring up a browser and load the configuration page.  Brings up the browser and loads the page.....don't understand this?

While trying to make the system control the TS480 I changed the gateway (on both units)  url to 192.168.1.1 which is the address of my linksys router.  I set both ends to that address.  I was thinking that I could simulate an internet connection between the units for a test. 

I did not see any info about how to simulate an internet connection.  I do have a crossover Ethernet cable ....have not tried that.

This did not work.

Over a span of several hours I tried many things.....nothing worked.

At a point, both units quit displaying the configuration page that I had been able to see using the RCC manager for access.

Present situation:

Control unit:

The Control unit will still respond to the RCC program and fetch the FW/HW version and allow me to see the setup info, IP address 192.168.0.227, net mask 255.255.255.0, and gateway of 192.168.1.1  However, when I select "Browse RRC" under the "Net Info" tab....it brings up a browser window...but times out because it can't find the page.

On the Radio unit:
When I run RCC Manager it shows connected but I can't fetch the firmware version or any info.  The program is locked up from the start and I have to force the program to close.
I get nothing to display on the computer from the Radio unit at all.
I have removed and reloaded the RCC program....

Pressing the reset button on the Radio unit may have caused this problem.  After pressing the reset button I lost contact with the unit.  Looks like I should not have done this.  I assumed it would go back to factory default settings. 

I hope someone can be of some help is resolving the problems.

It would be very helpful if the  web site had information on how to do a test setup with both ends on the same desk to prove everything is working.

One other thing....the jumpers for the various radios:

The picture on the web site showing the configuration for all Kenwoods is different than the diagram on the web site under the "Preparations for Kenwood" page.
I went with the picture....which is correct?

I appreciate any help you can offer.

DM1CG:
Hello

The unit configured that they will connect them in a physical network
like your homenet.

If you want to config other thinks by PC give the units a IP adress of you homenet range.
Your PC could "browse" to the unit, if all devices are in the same net.

best 73
Carsten

k6biv:
If your Home Network is in the 192.168.1.1 range, change the RRC's IP to 192.168.1.227 & 192.168.1.228.

I hope this helps,

Tim
K6BIV
925 427-5197

KY6N:
Tim:

Thanks for the help.

I will try that when I solve the problems of how to communicate with the units via USB.

At this point the Radio unit will not respond at all.....the RCC control panel shows "not connected" and I can't seem to get beyond that.

The Control unit will allow me to communicate with it via USB...but I can't get the browser window to come up to allow changes.

I have sent an email to Tech Support but no answer yet.

Thanks
Ron
KY6N

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version