Author Topic: Wi-Fi not seeing the router  (Read 4832 times)

NC4DC

• View Profile
    • Email
Wi-Fi not seeing the router
« on: 2013-01-20, 14:52:42 »
Yesterday I received my Wi-Fi module and installed as per instructions in the control unit.  Red light came on and all seemed well.  Opened Microbit setup, clicked on Wi-Fi and scanned.   Found my router with no problem, saved and closed.  When I went back to Netinfo, it says "NETWORK DISCONNECTED" and the IP address and all other entries look as if the ethernet cable was still connected.  When I click the "Get" button, nothing changes.  Have Ii missed something in the set up or installation?  Everything works fine when the ethernet cable is connected.  My set up is with a TS-2000, the router is a Linksys E-2000 wireless router.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
David

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wi-Fi not seeing the router
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-20, 19:17:31 »
David,

Did you take a look in the web-browser's Wifi settings?
You can see your linksys and password there, check if they are okay, otherwise edit.

Also use the default profile to work with.
Do not change profile or wifi settings are lost, I believe.

After some patience running 4 wifi units here, great solution!

Paul
PD0PSB

NC4DC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-20, 19:55:44 »
Thanks Paul

That did the trick.  I think I had tried so long, that I forgot to go back to the basics.

Thanks again.

David

W6EIJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-24, 20:03:05 »
"Also use the default profile to work with.
Do not change profile or wifi settings are lost, I believe."

I've learned to change the wifi settings to the default.  When I go to wifi settings and log-on, the remoterig unit resets, and goes to default.  So, I have the default with the lowest settings for audio, etc., so I can use it with wifi.  Tom