Author Topic: Need Help  (Read 5475 times)

N3CAL

• View Profile
    • Email
Need Help
« on: 2013-02-02, 04:37:30 »
Greetings...  New user with Kenwood TS-480hx.  Everything works great on my home network.  First attempt via the internet has been a bust!  No luck getting the control to connect to my home network via the internet.  I've tried DMZ and also Port Forwarding as per the instructions.  I can remote into my network and change router settings and also radio settings but nothing seems to work.  I always get a three tone busy signal. 

I would like to request a copy of the checklist.  I have the WiFI module installed in the Control and it is working fine.  I am able to connect to my 4g Hotspot and the PWR light is solid green.  Looking at the Control via the web interface shows sip errors. Any advise would be appreciated.   Thanks and 73

Cal/N3CAL

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: Need Help
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-02, 11:18:52 »
Hi Cal,

I sent you the checklist to you from your direct mail. It should be no problem to
get this working.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

K2WY

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-02, 18:10:38 »
I have a similar problem and would like the checklist as well. My RRCs work fine with both halves of my IC-706 as long as both are hard wired to my router via ethernet cables. When I try to connect my control unit to the network wirelessly, using my MAC as a bridge through "Internet Sharing", the MAC doesn't recognize the unit (I've tried both a direct ethernet cable from the RRC to the MAC ethernet connection and connections through USB and Thunderbolt with adaptors). When I try to enter the IP address of the RRC control manually, I get a message that the address is in use by another device.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Bob, K2WY

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-02, 21:23:40 »
Hi Bob,

I received your direct mail and sent the checklist to you.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N3CAL

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-04, 02:02:00 »
Mitch,  thanks for the checklist!  It took all of 15 minutes following your list to get things working! 

My issue appeared to be having DMZ and Port Forwarding on at the same time, also I needed to change my Web Interface Port to something other than Port 80. 

Thanks again,  73

Cal/N3CAL