Author Topic: No Received Audio  (Read 4691 times)

VK3OE

• View Profile
    • Email
No Received Audio
« on: 2010-10-30, 07:11:23 »
I have just received RRC-1258 radio and control units. System works great, IC7000, can transmit with audio with PTT from mic, can control unit with HDR, can even hear the quantisation noise if I use audio quality 0 (alaw 8kHz). Can hear beep on connection and can see IP activity with unit receiving audio packets (can see activity on the router).

But, even connecting the LAN back to back with not router or LAN device  (all works as before) the receive audio is not available.

What connection is missing.

Build Oct 28 2010 10:44:31 for both units.

Any ideas out there ?????

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: No Received Audio
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-30, 18:28:51 »
Hi

There is not many chances to miss the audio, you have probably solved it by now.

Just set same audio quality in both ends to start with.

then you need a cable with 3.5 mm stero plugs to connect from the radio speaker jack to the Radio-RRC speaker input jack on the front

73 de mike

VK3OE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-31, 01:40:45 »
Hello Mike,
Thanks for your reply.

However, I have not solved the "no received audio" problem.

Turned off both units and left them overnight, but still the same.

I have checked that the radio received audio does get onto the PCB of the radio unit.

PTT via Icom  HM 151 and transmit voice is good. (I have checked audio with another receiver on air on 14MHz)

HRD control of the IC 7000 works fine as well.

The beep on connect from control to radio units also works.

The yellow light is ON on the aux connector on both units after connect.

I have tried several different audio quality settings (both units always the same) but no change.

I have tried with LAN back to back and no router, also tried with IPsec VPN over 3G and all is still the same, no received audio!

There is data being transfered in both directions as the green LAN lights are blinking after connecting the units.
On the router there is a data transfer rate of about 144kbits/s in both directions. I am now at a loss as to what to do next ????

Andrew

VK3OE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-07, 00:42:32 »
Fixed, required a link on the radio board between the 3.5mm centre pin and the SPKR connection on the patch connector.

dl1grt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-02-07, 17:28:41 »
Hello Andrew,

I red your last post which could be the solution to my problem.
IC-706mk2g + an old 1258 II (HW 3 or 4) 
tx works well with audio, but rx audio is complicated.

If I connect stereo (3 pins) earphones to the front phone jack of my 706 RX audio is coming.
I cannot plug the jack in the usual way but rather pull out some mm.
But only to the time when I press the PTT, after releasing the PTT the RX audio is missing
and comes again when I plug and pull the stereo plug again.

How did you find your solution ? Is there something described perhaps for old HW versions ?

Thanks for any helping reply.
73 de tom, dl1grt