Author Topic: COMFSK???  (Read 4319 times)

N6EE

• View Profile
    • Email
COMFSK???
« on: 2013-03-12, 20:56:28 »
I hope to operate RTTY remotely using my K3 twins & RRC 1258 MkII setup (which is now working on my LAN).  I understand that I will need to have MMTTY connect to the COMFSK port which the Microbit Setup Manager was supposed to install.  But I do not see the RRC COMFSK port listed in my Device Manager under COM ports.  I thought I was supposed to see several RRC related virtual COM ports listed in the Device Manager after installing the Microbit Setup Manager, but I see none.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and selected 'Run as Administrator' when I installed the Microbit Setup Manager.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Ron N6EE

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Re: COMFSK???
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-12, 21:06:27 »
Ron,

Just a possible dumb question.....you do have the USB cable plugged into the RRC?

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

N6EE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-13, 05:36:18 »
You're good Mitch!  I was unaware that the USB cable was used for anything other than the initial setup of the RRC.  I didn't realize that the USB cable must remain plugged in after the RRC has been configured.

As soon as I plugged the USB cable from the Control (K3/0) RRC into my PC USB port, the Windows Device Manager immediately displayed all the RRC virtual COM ports, including the COMFSK port. 

Thanks again and also thank you for sending the checklist - I haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet but should be able to proceed with the Internet configuration tomorrow.

73 and KB!
Ron N6EE

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-13, 06:00:05 »
After the initial configuration the USB cable only has to be plugged in if you are using the virtual com ports.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.