Author Topic: Stereo audio - swaps sides.  (Read 3673 times)

vk4iu

• View Profile
    • Beacon Monitor - Coolabunia
    • Email
Stereo audio - swaps sides.
« on: 2013-03-06, 11:24:12 »
G'Day,

I wonder if anyone else has experienced the same thing - the streamed RemoteRig stereo audio "swaps sides", left to right, right to left.

I have an Elecraft K3 setup, with a pair of K3/0s remotely connected to a pair of K3/100s in the radio shack via Remoterig devices.  It all works well, with few problems.

The K3/100s have dual receivers and the audio from the receivers comes over the LAN in stereo - four streams in total.

Tonight my stereo headphones are plugged into one of the K3/0, and I am listening to both receivers, each on a different part of the band - the left ear on long path DX into Europe, and the other listening for NCDX beacons on 14.100.

While listening, the audio suddenly swapped sides - left to right, right to left. I did not think much of it, but 15 minutes later it happened again, the audio swapped back.

There is nothing special about the config - no switches, ampifiers or anything between the radios and my ears.  The audio comes out of the SP socket on the radio in the shack, into the RemoteRig, over the LAN, out of the RemoteRig into the SP socket of the K3/0, and out the headphone socket direct to my ears.

Clearly it could be the K3s or the RemoteRig devices.  Yes, the headphones remained ON my head at all times.

Has anyone else experienced such an event with RemoteRig?

Peter VK4IU

vk4iu

• View Profile
    • Beacon Monitor - Coolabunia
    • Email
Re: Stereo audio - swaps sides.
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-06, 22:02:11 »
G'Day again,

I have a "sinking feeling" that I may be to blame for the "swap of the audio".

A good nights sleep does wonders for us elderly folk.

I notice on the K3 that BSET - a "front panel" mode for changing parameters on the second receiver - is on the same button as "swap VFOs".

Enough said.

Peter VK4IU

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stereo audio - swaps sides.
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-12, 10:59:12 »
 ;)
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.