Author Topic: TS-480 head..laptop..wifi...only  (Read 4705 times)

kh6jim

• View Profile
    • Email
TS-480 head..laptop..wifi...only
« on: 2010-03-02, 07:04:18 »
Aloha all, I just found this forum today from a ad in QST. I travel for business and "live out of a suitcase" 9 months every year. My dream has been to be able to access my TS-480 rig in Hawaii with ONLY the TS-480 head and my laptop from a wifi connection or with my AT&T aircard.
Is this possible ? 

73's  Jim  KH6JIM/HS0ZHZ   kh6jim@yahoo.com

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: TS-480 head..laptop..wifi...only
« Reply #1 on: 2010-03-02, 08:44:55 »
Hi

Yes you can do it but you need to have the RRC-1258MkII Control box also with you. You connect the TS-480 Head to the RRC and then the RRC to your laptops Ethernet port. The WLAN interface in Windows should be setup as shared. Then it works. Of course it also depends on the quality of the Internet connection.

73 de mike

kh6jim

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2010-03-03, 06:27:25 »
Thanks Mike for the quick information.

Having the control box with me is not a problem. I want to buy a "plug and play" system including all cables for my TS-480...is this possible ?

Do you have a dealer in the states yet or any information at Dayton ?

Thanks,  Jim  KH6JIM/HS0ZHZ

9A3VV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-03-16, 19:03:39 »
Hi there!

I am having the same problem. During summer season I'm working as a night watchman in a camp and have plenty of time 'cause nobody makes troubles there any more since I am in charge (cop, retired, ;D). Camp is having wireless access to internet and I have free access. At home I have PC with ADSL and TS-480 SAT. I work CW only. Just saw an ad in april 2010 issue of QST and would like to know exactly what to do to enjoy CWing during hot summer nights under pine trees on Adriatic Sea? Is answer the same as Mike said to Jim or...?

73 Damir, 9A3VV