Author Topic: impossible to connect with HRD  (Read 4768 times)

bruno

• View Profile
impossible to connect with HRD
« on: 2013-03-19, 09:08:14 »
Hello,

A friend of mine and I get big trouble to configure the CAT with HRD.
We use a Yaesu FT857, RRC 1258 #serial 5356 with firmware 2.65 (the last one).
The PTT and audio are working well but it is impossible to connect Ham Radio Delux through the box.
In HRD we have selected "port : remote" then the RRC IP address ( 192.168.1.8) with port 80 in our case.

but the problem is that itsn't working at all. To avoid network problem we used only the following local network plan :

computer <--Netgear router ethernet --> RRC1258 <---> FT857

Please help !
73.Bruno.

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: impossible to connect with HRD
« Reply #1 on: 2013-03-19, 10:00:52 »
You should use a comport for the communication between HDR and the RRC, just as you connect direct to the radio.

What you describe is someting totally different which needs a PC in both ends and has nothing to do with Remoterig.

Pse check the manual, you need to make a cable from the PC to the Control-RRC and use a CT-62 from the Radio-RRC to the Radio. It's also possible to use a cable from the TTL jack on the Radio-RRC to the CAT port of the FT-857 but then you need a special connector in the radio end.

73 de mike

bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-03-19, 10:18:59 »
I forgot to say HRD give me this error : "ERROR PEEKING 12 BYTES- OPERATION REUSSIE"

ok we will try this. But the final goal is to connect directly the RRC2358 to the network and to drive the FT857 over the internet so without local computer.

thanks.

bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-03-21, 08:55:28 »
what I mean is that I want on one hand to connect the RRC1258 to my FT857, and then connect the RRC1258 directly to the internet network with an static IP. And on the other hand I want to control my FT857 from everywhere over the internet. From everywhere means with Ham Radio Deluxe and with the audio/PTT of the RRC1258 (that is working right now).

thanks for any help. I don't know and don't understand what's wrong with my configuration.

vk4iu

• View Profile
    • Beacon Monitor - Coolabunia
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-03-21, 23:59:18 »
Hi Bruno,

Do NOT use the "remote configuration" in HRD.  All the items to control the radio are in the Remoterig devices - CAT + Audio + Mic + PTT.   The HRD "remote" configuration is a similar thing but you should NOT use it with RemoteRig.

Configure HRD to run on the PC where the radio is located while driving the radio with CAT control through the "radio" RemoteRig box at the PC - the one without the CW knob.

Get that to work before you do anything else.

Unless you have THREE "static ip addresses" allocated to you from your ISP - you will NEVER get these devices to work.  Without a small "internet router", the PC, and the two RemoteRig devices must be on the same "subnet" for anything to work.

Connecting the RemoteRig device directly to the Internet will not work.  IP addresses that are used on the Internet - the static IP you have from your ISP - will not fuction between the two RemoteRig devices without extra configuration.

You need a small Internet Router to redirect and readdress the IP packets from the IP addresses used on the Internet - static or not - to the "private" IP addresses needed for the RemoteRig devices on your private network.

When you take the "control" RemoteRig device - the one with the CW knob - out to another place and connect it to the Internet, it will be allocated an IP address, but you will need to tell it the "static IP address" of the location of the "radio" RemoteRig device.

All these things are explained in the documentation.

I hope I have helped in some way.

Peter VK4IU