Author Topic: Web Switch 1216H Firmware Update  (Read 4881 times)

wb4gcs

• View Profile
    • Email
Web Switch 1216H Firmware Update
« on: 2013-02-23, 22:47:47 »
I am trying to update my Web Switch from 1.18 to the latest.
I downloaded the firmware, and unzipped.
I selected Application upgrade, browsed to the new file, selected it, and then selected update.
After some time, I received, "Firmware file OK, flashing!

That was over 10 minutes ago.

How long should it take to flash the update?

When I go out to the WebSwitch, I see it's network traffic light flashing, the traffic light for the switch port it is plugged in to flashing, and the red LED for the relay which was (and remains) turned on is lit.

The last time I did an upgrade, I don't remember it taking this long.

Do I have a problem??

Thanks,
Jim Sanford
wb4gcs

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Web Switch 1216H Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: 2013-02-24, 07:21:57 »
Updating takes less than a minute. You do not say if you actually have tried to browse the WS after updating?
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.

wb4gcs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-02-24, 22:53:08 »
Jan:
Due to the warning about not interrupting the process, I did NOTHING with the browser.  After an  hour or so, with network traffic suggesting it was functioning normally, I refreshed the browser page, and saw the home page. 

Went to the System Info page and saw that the update had taken place.

I think that in previous updates, when the flash was complete, the web page reloaded.  Hence my concern. 

All's well that ends well, now I just need to figure out some of the new functionality, particularly the relative humidity sensor, and whether or not it is possible to upgrade the 1216H to the "extended" version.

Thanks & 73,
Jim

Jan (Microbit)

• Software Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-02-25, 06:19:43 »
You are right that the logic is not 100% clear about when to stop waiting for the process being finished  ;) It would be possible to add some logic telling that the update is done but it is a bit tricky and so it has not been implemented.

There has never been a FW version which automatically reloads the webpage after updating the FW. If you do the update via USB then you will see when the update is finished and the WS has restarted.

As a starter I will make the help page point out that you only need to wait for max a minute before reloading the page.

It is technically possible to upgrade a basic version to an extended, though I need to check with my colleagues about the price etc.
Always include type of hard/software and version when asking for support.