Author Topic: USB Device not recognized Windows XP and Microbit Setup Manager Install  (Read 6676 times)

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
Hi Group,

I am out of ideas on this one. I have tried 3 PC's of which 2 of them I have wiped clean with fresh install of XP Pro, EVERY single update available to the OS including additional/optional and hardware updates. I think netframework 4 is installed. I cannot get the microbit manager to see the RRC! I have tried different RRC's and still same issue. When I plug the RRC into the PC, windows pops up a message "USB Device Not recognized" One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned.

So, perfectly clean XP install, every update, latest version of Microbit setup utility (Which installs fine) the PC(s) WILL NOT see the RRC.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lee
WW2DX

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Lee,

As a last resort:
I've had two occasions in the past with a faulty USB cable.
Something you wouldn't expect at all.

I suspect some mini-USB cables are built only as "charger cables".

Paul
PD0PSB

dj0qn

• View Profile
    • DJ0QN / K7DX
    • Email
Paul is right -- I had one case where I was helping an OM with the same problem. It was
solved by swapping the USB cable. Apparently it was the cable that came with the RRC.

Mitch DJ0QN / K7DX

WW2DX (Lee)

• AOL Instant Messenger - ljimber
    • View Profile
Bob's your uncle!

Wow! What is really odd is that I thought for sure I used this cable previously on a working setup.

Changed cable and instantly found and installed drivers :)

Thanks guys!

73 Lee
WW2DX

VE6SH

• View Profile
    • Email
I had that exact same issue. It was the USB cable. I do not thin they are robust as one might think.

Tim VE6SH