Author Topic: Remoting the complete frontpanel of TS-2000?!?  (Read 3905 times)

Erik Finskas OH2LAK

• View Profile
    • Email
Remoting the complete frontpanel of TS-2000?!?
« on: 2013-04-03, 00:36:58 »
While crawling through the service manual of the TS-2000 radio, I found out that the complete front plane is connected to the rest of the radio through a single connection which appears to be an asynchronous serial connection.

That made me think it could be theoretically possible to pass it throug the remoterig boxes!

Here's the single connection between the front panel and the rest of the radio;

The connection carries three different DC voltages to power the control head (5V, 8V and 10V), a serial connection (TXD,RDX,RTS,CTS), a dummy loop "panel connection check" which is a signal which is grounded in the other end and few reset signals which function are not know yet (RES "Sub CPU reset signal" and PBCK "Sub CPU buck up signal")

When I get my TS2000 down from my remote site, I will look bit closer to this connection to see would it work through the remote boxes. It would be truly extraordinary to be able to remote the whole control panel of the TS2000!

Anyone else looking at this?

Erik OH2LAK

pd0swl

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Remoting the complete frontpanel of TS-2000?!?
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-03, 11:27:17 »
Very interesting Erik!

I'll have a look in the service docs to see the difference between the RC2000 and the "real" frontpanel signals.

Maybe, the "real" frontpanel could even be hooked up via the RC2000 interface(?)

Keep us posted.

Paul
PD0PSB

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: Remoting the complete frontpanel of TS-2000?!?
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-03, 11:38:34 »
Hi

Someone have asked me about this before. I have not tested, as I do not have a TS-2000. If it's only a serial port the chances is good that it works at least locally, but if there is a protocol which needs acknowledge with very short delay it may not work over the Internet. But it's of course interesting to see what result you get.

73 de mike