Author Topic: CW: I play a dash but the radio sends three dots instead!  (Read 4627 times)

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
TS-480
New RRC set
New user
Testing via home LAN (0 ms latency)

Playing a single dash results in transmitting three dots. If I want to send two dashes the TCVR sends 5 dots instead. Dots I can send just fine, it's only the dashes that it doesn't generate. However, I can hear my CW just fine from the TS-480 panel, but the TCVR transmits only dots, not a single dash. I first observed it as I attempted to make a test QSO. The station I called as "de ve3vee" answered: "h5hee" or something like that. That gave me the idea to monitor my transmitted signal with another RX.

I played with the delay settings, but that has no effect on anything as there's no latency issue here (testing just via home LAN).

I searched this forum, but it seems no-one has posted about this issue before.

73 de VE3VEE

« Last Edit: 2013-04-28, 21:44:17 by VE3VEE »

VE3VEE

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: CW: I play a dash but the radio sends three dots instead!
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-28, 22:20:07 »
SOLVED. It was my mistake. The Radio-RRC is supposed to be connected to the KEY-input of TS-480. I mistakenly connected to the PADDLE-input (which is located right beside the KEY-input). It will teach me a lesson to read the manual next time. But it was fun to operate as H5HEE instead of VE3VEE :-)

73 de VE3VEE
« Last Edit: 2013-04-28, 22:22:33 by VE3VEE »