Author Topic: No Rx control from Remote RRC  (Read 4466 times)

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
No Rx control from Remote RRC
« on: 2013-04-22, 16:47:18 »
Before I make the trip down there, I thought I'd see if there was something I could do from here to fix this.

The Remote RRC has stopped taking Rx commands from the Control RRC.  We can connect, get Rx audio, and the yellow light shines on the Control RRC, but we don't get the remote K3 Rx info on the control K3, i.e. no radio data is being received.  The control K3 display just gets frozen, and no button pushing or knob turning makes a difference, nor changes the audio received.

I have gone in through the VPN and restarted the Remote RRC, but that didn't fix it.  I made sure the Control K3 is in TERM mode, so that isn't it.  Any one else have any suggestions?

Dennis W1UE

sm2o

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • sm2oan
    • Email
Re: No Rx control from Remote RRC
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-22, 16:50:49 »
Hi

check the status page in boh units. it looks more like a router problem where the cmd port is blocked

73 de mike

W1UE

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-27, 12:36:30 »
Cockpit error!  Our RR Remote unit is part of an SO2R setup that is configured to not require any computer cabling changes when switching from RR to So2R.  When I rewired part of the station a week ago, I connected the computer cabling incorrectly.  The RR RS232 cable went to Radio B, instead of Radio A, while the ACC plug from RR went to Radio A.  I could turn the Remote Radio on and off, but of course no radio could pass from Remote to Control.

Changing wiring and all is good now.

Dennis W1UE

M1EMB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-05-03, 04:01:58 »
Hi guys, just wanted to update you on the situation, I called Verizon and they sent me a new router and all was fine after I installed it all was fine, just got a bad router!   Thanks all

Stuart