Author Topic: Volume control not working. - Resolved - Operator error again!  (Read 3790 times)

W6SA

• View Profile
Problem was my laptop had the laptop speaker selected as default rather than the Microbit speaker.  Made the change and all is well.  I still have to update my software at work which should be OK now that I figured out what was wrong at home.

Also updated 1258's to 2.72 prior to updating PC Micro.  They seem to be working fine at least on receive.  While I was at it, seeing as DYNDNS decided that I would have to update my free account every 30 days to keep it active, I switched to the remoterig ddns service.

The volume control had been working before when I was running version 1.5.x something.  I am testing in the shack at this time.

I am running a Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V and although I have only been using my PC Micro to receive audio at work while controlling the home station through LogMeIn it has all been working fine until the upgrade.  All settings appear to be the same as they were before the upgrade.  I am using the dongle connection for my audio and I noticed that although I cannot change the volume with the Micro volume control I am able to do so with the volume control on my laptop.  I have never been able to get the audio to run through the laptop to use that for my audio and I use a little battery powered speaker to kick up the volume out of the dongle when a bit extra is called for.

I had a problem with the volume control not working in the past after an upgrade but the solution I used then no longer works.

73 de Walt,  W6SA
« Last Edit: 2013-06-03, 03:44:48 by W6SA »